180 Litre (Pic Heavy)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chop the healthy part and replant. I get this sometimes when I get new bacopa. Sometimes just because it's new and sometimes because it's getting shaded. I always keep at it and eventually it gets strong.

Thanks! That's what my instincts were telling me. It's so annoying, as it seems to have rooted quite strongly.

Doh, it's very annoying I just chopped a bunch of bacopa in my tank. Now I'm just replanting it every 24 hours lol - it'll stay down eventually :rolleyes:

It's driving me mad. I'm getting ready to go away for three weeks so I have to make sure everything is secure. At least I've got pretty deep substrate so I can really ram the stems in there. I've done a bit of a re-scape. It's bad - but my fish prefer it so :good:

Pics will be up when everything has settled down.

So...this is what I ended up with after some truly brutal trimmming:
P1030223.jpg

(ignore the rocks weighing the bogwood down)
P1030224.jpg

P1030225.jpg

At least I know that things can't get too crazy while I'm away.

Thought I'd add my other tanks into this journal seeing as I'm not ready to do anything with them that would require their own thread:

5g - scaping in about 4 weeks:
P1030226.jpg

10g hex - sane timescale but it's gonna be hell. Currently home to one little serpae =( tragic story - 6 of em saved from a tiny tank, all with finrot. 3 survived. Then the bit of wood I had in there decided it was still alive and sulfured 2/3 to death. Now one remains. I feel bad. :-(
P1030227.jpg

10g - my betta tank (pluto) and eight neons. Half planted ... working on fully planting in the winter.
P1030236.jpg

35g - this one is my terrible secret. And something I've hidden from the forums thus far. The reasons being:
+I have two clown loaches in it (in my defence, the tank grows with them and I'm getting a 240 litre upgrade this Christmas)
+The plants are obviously fake and absolutely hideous.

However, I want to show it off because I've never had happier fish and the tank has been running for almost four years now (with its current inhabitants.)
P1030228.jpg

P1030229.jpg

P1030231.jpg

(these two are rescues. In this tank they've grown from about two cm long to about 1-1.5 inches - they love photobombing)
P1030234.jpg

Lenny - my favourite fish.
P1030230.jpg

And that's it, folks. The tale of my tanks. Apologies for the length of it. And all the piccies. I'm always looking to improve so please leave me a comment. :thanks:

Getting the feeling I'm talking to myself here. But...

Had some chemical issues with the angel tank - nitrite poisoning. I think it's due to overfeeding seeing as I had just done a huge water-change. Romeo+Juliet were gasping at the surface for air and the cories were very still at the bottom - worrying.

I've done my best. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for three weeks in about 5 hours so I can't do much more. Lights are on a timer ... automatic feeding etc and I'm trusting my filter to do the hard work. It seems very irresponsible to do this but there's really nothing more I can do. I don't trust anyone to help out.

Anyway ... I guess that's it for 3 weeks.

Yikes, i hope it all works out. I had a nitrite spike once that i'll never really know what caused it :/
The joys of fish keeping.
Have fun!

Right ... I'm back. Surprisingly, things are all A-OK. The nitrite disaster has had no long-lasting effects and all my fish are still alive and swimming after 3 weeks alone :wub: Bless em.

No more angel spawns though, and the chemical problems seem to have had terrible effect on the plants in the 180. Because of this I've rescaped (again) - this time using rocks instead of wood. I think it looks much better (will put up pics when I find my camera).

I've decided that I don't have time to look after angel-babies, so I'm making the tank into a community. Starting today with 11 bleeding heart tetras.

I thought I'd do an update here seeing as it's been over a year. The tank is doing well. Romeo+Juliet still spawn regularly, although they're terrible parents and I've given up the idea of raising a spawn.
New scape:
tumblr_mvnd0mlDTN1s0off3o1_1280.jpg

I had a whole load of anubias left over from my 75g scape, and I left them floating in the tank for a couple of days. They got a bit out of shape as the leaves bent towards the light - which is why they all seem to be pointing in different directions. I'm sure they'll grow right again soon.

There's one new inhabitant of the tank - a female betta who fights with the gals in my sorority. She's been R+J's roomie for a couple of months now and there have been no problems. The cories are doing well too, although I added more gravel to the substrate so there is now little sand on the surface. They don't seem to mind too much.

Pics of the guys:
tumblr_mvnddlupIp1s0off3o1_500.jpg

I know I used to say Juliet is photo-shy, but look at her now. 1 year later and she’s practically a super model.
tumblr_mvndxmHWD01s0off3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mvndxmHWD01s0off3o1_500.jpg

Doin' a bit of hubby photo-bombing:
tumblr_mvndxmHWD01s0off3o2_500.jpg

Here's my girl:
tumblr_mvne2tO9PB1s0off3o1_1280.jpg

Her body is a lot more purple irl.

And a rather bad pic of an extremely chubby cory:
tumblr_mvne2tO9PB1s0off3o2_1280.jpg

The bleeding heart tetras are all doing good - they temporarily moved across to the 35g, but they'll be back home soon.

That looks really good! Loving the random facing anubias 
laugh.png

MojoDex said:
That looks really good! Loving the random facing anubias 
laugh.png
Cheers. They're starting to face the right way now - the leaves adjust to the light surprising quickly, which is why thehy all ended up at weird angles in the first place. I didn't expect them to be so fast, because they're normally such slow growers.
laugh.png

I'm really glad i decided to tie them down in there because R+J have moved from their usual spot on the filter to spawn on one of the big leaves on the other side of the tank. They're taking much better care of the eggs and don't seem to be eating them at all!

heres hoping they learnt to be parents :p
your tank looks fantastic.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back