16gal

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Looks great man, I like the nice big open top for corals only. Have you put thought into what sorts of SPS and LPS you want?

Looks great man, I like the nice big open top for corals only. Have you put thought into what sorts of SPS and LPS you want?
thank you,so much better with the m/halide an blue things,
was tempted to put my brain corals in but they would fill the tank very fast when open up,
prob monti plate ,branches,
so many i like really
sun corals,bubble tips,frog spawn,trumpets,/candy cane,etc

,but have to plan it bit better due to the size limits,

still thinking of wether to add a sump or not,if only for equipment and extra volume...

Cyber Ninja
:) thank you

Hi pipatic, sorry to bring this thread back up, but i was thinking of using those lights on the nano i get (if all goes well) from ebay(the lights..), and i was wondering what you think of them.
The photos youve posted arent with the lights on are they?
Do you feel theyve supported your corals well, and have you tryed any LPS' under them?

Thanks alot, Mikey

you still need to do the changes lol

when you make the salt water, in the crystals as well there is nutriant that is naturally found in our seas.. These deplete and need to be replaced by water changes..
Also a protein skimmer isnt perfect and will only work say 80% of the time.. the water change will get the rest.

:D

- matt

kk Noob question...

Do you have to clean the sand when you do the water changes or can you just change the water. I find it easier with gravel, but with sand I suck at cleaning it.

Unless you start getting really bad cyanobacteria or hair algae all over your sand, just leave it be :)

Ok cool
Would you surrgest i get the ones with all 3 lights in white, or 2 white and one actnic???
Also, in a 45cm deep tank, could i keep any LPS, and what types would you imagine would be ok? (id love to keep hammer/anchor and some open and closed brains....)

Thanks, Mikey

Ok, i think ill get the one with an actnic in there, just for nicer light, but if it would reduce what corals i could have then id go for the all white...

Thanks, Mikey

well yeah ,blue lighted one, build up a nice collection,of mushie,zoo,leather buying in frags, cheaper on your pocket better for the nano,
leave the lps sps till bit later

Ok, sounds like good advice. Ive found someone on ebay with a real nice shop, and lots of corals, so i might get a few from there.

Mikey

Most reactions

Back