tiny surface bugs???

Magnum Man33 147

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,632
Reaction score
6,886
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
water fleas are aquatic right???

this is my nano, jar tank, with a pair of florida flag fish in it… with my wife’s health issues, I’m behind on maintenance… this tank was low, and behind on water changes, it sits in a corner SW window, so I topped it off, to allow enough water to change, where I can suck out lots of algae…

while topping it off, I noticed these spots moving up as the tank filled, above the water line…quite small, any idea what they are… are they too small for the fish to eat effectively???
IMG_9532.webp
 
Last edited:
after a water change, I tried wash as many of them into the water… the fish came up and appeared to be eating them…

because of the bottle neck, they appear thick on the top, but they spread out when there is room to…
 
there is not much of a food source for them… I suppose if the tank level is low, they could be eating dried bio film???
 
these fish are happy to get a filled then 1/3 water change after the fill ( I waited a while ) but the tank still dropped to 66 degrees… but the flag fish appear to be taking it in stride…

with Mrs. illness some things will suffer from lack of my time… Mrs. will be at the clinic 5 of 7 days this week, and is not driving right now… I’m not going to town today, so trying to get as much done around here as I can…
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top