15 Gallon (54L) Planted Tank

Sounds good Ellie.

Rinsing sand several times until you get clear water is a good start, might get cloudy water for a day until all settles.
What might help is putting a bowl or saucer on sand and pouring water in onto the bowl or saucer will help not to distrupt the sand while adding water.

Attaching java ferns or any plants to rocks, wood or decor can simply be done using thread, fishing line or even glueing to surface will also be fine. As long as roots not completely covered in glue.

Also, as long as glue is 100% cyanoacrylate that will be fine to use in tanks.

Have fun and posts pics :)

Nice. Can't wait to see the results.

I just weigh down Java Moss with a couple rocks til it takes hold... that is the lazy way lol. A little bit of fishing line works the best.

IMG_1865_zpsf4f06239.jpg

Tank has sand :D And right now its planted but I will make you wait for that. The plants are still melty and tank isnt how I want it.

IMG_1981_zpsc6275fee.jpg

Here are the plants, just unboxed. Still am teasing you, should be getting the right pygmy swords monday as they sent me the wrong ones

Noooooooooooooooooooooo show us the planted tank pic :p

Looks great with the sand! Especially like how you have shaped it so its not all flat.

Haha, Im sorry!

I may be looking for a old 2.5g or 5g (not sure which one it was) in my attic, as I may want to do a cherry shrimp tank in the future, or if it is a 5g, do a puffer tank! But for a while, it will just be sitting in my room.

I think I have MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome)!

I found a nice little tank (5.5g) for my room for 10 bucks! So if my mom says yes then I will hopefully pick it up soon, and it may sit empty for a while, or be a quarantine for the hermit crabs until I can get a heater, and shrimp. It will be a shrimp tank, maybe a shoal of some small fish, and then it will be done. Will plant it as well. Maybe you will see a second journal! 

Thats kinda cool.

I have a small 5.8 gal / 22 litre planted tank and have 7 Endlers, shrimps and MTS! 
smile.png

Tank is looking good. I want a shrimp tank too hope she will say yes. Fingers crossed for second journal.

Well, good news. Eventually you will be seeing a second journal as I will be getting the tank :D

That looks so much better with the sand, definitely the right choice made there.

Oh, here is a before and after of the tank-

Before
IMG_1294_zps512b76fb.jpg

After
IMG_2279_zps54574f34.jpg

Keep in mind this isnt how I want it, it looks much better but still bad. Waiting for the plants to grow in and to get my cories and snail, this journal isnt over. I have also added some PVC, so final aquascape will be coming soon. 

Then I will change it to ugly again, and then I will change it back and take the betta out when I get the cories. :D

Wow! That a massive change, so much better!

Well done 
smile.png

Well done, looks much nicer and far more natural.

Most reactions

Back