15 Gallon (54L) Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I believe some people scrub theirs with a toothbrush, and let it soak in a bucket for a while, also pouring boiling water over it? ;o

I got some wood and rocks. Ill start getting them water logged and cleaned. :D

cd3dfef9-b7d0-4158-ac08-2d629e8813c3_zpsd4cf9e85.jpg

Tank is finished with an awesome little cichlid being nosey!

Wow, the tank is looking good and progressing nicely! :)

Sorry about the death of the electric yellow :-( :rip: :sad:

Score for it being a 15G!

Updates! I got a siphon! And a test kit! and some new decor, but that wont be in until christmas.

Tank is cycled, wood is waterlogged, and I didnt burn myself with the boiling water from cleaning the rocks. Today, the tank is going to be clean and rescaped!

The moss ball is getting huge! And the crypt pretty much melted away and is back.

I will post pictures later!

Of course we want pics 
photo.gif

You should know this by now Ellie 
wink.png

tongue2.gif

I never posted the pictures. Maybe one day! Lol. Anyway, do you guys think I should do sand or gravel for substrate? When I get some money I need to buy substrate and a divider so my betta can live in the tank.

My mom bought me thia cool fake plant on a pile of pebbles, but I cant have it until Christmas, but its nice.

Another thing Im thinking of doing is going heavily planted, but with easy plants. I have a few plants such as java ferm, amazon swords, and aunubis, but I want a centerpeice plant with a reddish or purple/brown tint that requires low light.

Are there any more easy plants you love that I could use? Im going to look my my LFS soon (actually, prpbably after Christmas) for some tiny little 2-3 dollar baby plants. Then I can see how I like them and plant the tank.

Im thinking of making a tempprary divider for thw tank, so the betta can go in. My ne,t prject after that is to switch substrates, get some more rocks, baby plamts, rehome the cichlid, and finish off the tank.

Im going to save $50 over the next few montha to finish the tank. I decided that I would really want to go more planted then fake plants, and maybe start a 5g fake planted nano tank, if anyone has suggestions on that.

What substrate do you like more? Go with that :)

I'm not sure on low light plants with red or purple..maybe cryptocoryne wendtii?

Another reddish plant is the tiger lotus (Nymphaea lotus) which might do well in your tank.

I will be planting the tank soon! ONce I get a divider if I have enough money I will order from Bamaplants.com.

Plant List-
Anubias Nana
Java Fern Narrow Leaf
Aponogeton Crispus
American Val Red Tiger Stripe
Jungle Val
Corkscrew Val
Echinodorus Parviflous

For ferts I will be adding a slow release root tab called Osmocote+ every four months. It is a slow release capsule and some of my plants need a nutrient rich substrate.

My new stocking list will be-
8 Corydoras hasbrosus (Salt and Pepper Cories)
2 Nerite or Mystery snails
1 Male Betta

Yes, I will be switching over to a sand substrate. I am very excited to do this, I will be rehoming the red devil soon, and in a few months have enough money for my stocking list,

I was going to buy driftwood but decided not to now, as cories dont need it, and I have some decor that looks like driftwood.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back