140g center brace down!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So it turns out the tank is only 110 gal, not sure how (or when) I got that mixed up. Measurements are 72x20x22", LxWxH, with 10mm glass all around. I ended up putting a 17" wide 6mm thick center brace because I had a piece laying around. It looks like a more solid tank with the wide brace and I'm more confident in it.

Fish like not living in a bucket too
20220912_200742.jpg
20220912_200749.jpg
20220912_200801.jpg

and here's an idea...why not add this into the forum's calculator?
when people put the size of the tank, show how much the thinkness of the glass should be

and here's an idea...why not add this into the forum's calculator?
when people put the size of the tank, show how much the thinkness of the glass should be
I think for the most part, it is not something fish keepers really need to know, someone (the manufacturer) did that thinking and worrying for you. Showing people numbers from a calculator hidden behind a black box might cause more concern than reassurance for people (never mind wet floors).

This tank was a local build, I bought used, while myself planning to build a tank. I knew just enough to know it was a very economically built 110 Gal. But the seller happily used it filled up without concern so I didn't worry too much about it at the time.

Thank you everyone for chiming in, your comments helped me make my decisions and reaffirmed some things about this tank, much appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back