13 Gallon tank stocking help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emson079

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am pretty new to the hobby and am planning on buying a 13 gallon nano tank and have it as an aquascape with a few fish in it. I am however not sure how many fish a tank of this size can handle.

I was thinking of getting a betta together with some sort of pleco/algee eater and a few small fish, like tetras or something. Would this be too much? And if not, which type of pleco and tetras would be best suites for an aquarium this size? I am open to other stocking suggestions as long as the betta stays!

The tank i was thinking of getting is an Aquael fish and shrimp duo 49 liters!

Hi there a betta would definitely work in your tank, unfortunately as far plecos even the smallest get too large and would need a 20 gallon and as far as tetra go they also need a larger tank as they like to be in groups of 10 or more.

you could have a single betta with a few snails and maybe a kuhli loach
you could also try so guppies if so I would start with a group of 4-5 as they will breed
you could also try some nano fish such as chilli rasboras or green neon tetras
or maybe a cherry shrimp tank

these are just a few options that are good for beginners but there is more

hope this helps
ember04

Welcome.
It’s best to get fish that are comfortable with your tap waters hardness. Find this out on your water providers website.
Then compare the fish you likes requirements on seriouslyfish.com. It’s the best science led site on the internet with details of water hardness, temperature, ph, tank size, tank mates, plants, food etc required to make your fishes lives as good as possible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back