O oliesminis Fish Crazy Joined Apr 30, 2007 Messages 313 Reaction score 0 Points 0 May 21, 2009 #1 Are there any plecos well suited to a 10g tank? ive heard some grow to about 3 inches but i dont know which ones?
Are there any plecos well suited to a 10g tank? ive heard some grow to about 3 inches but i dont know which ones?
england channa aka snakehead Joined Dec 13, 2005 Messages 10,394 Reaction score 3 Points 0 Location Bournemouth Dorset / Medellin Colombia May 21, 2009 #2 Bristlenose plecs, Adult males 4-6 inches. Females are smaller than males...but there reccomended for around 30 gallon's us
Bristlenose plecs, Adult males 4-6 inches. Females are smaller than males...but there reccomended for around 30 gallon's us
Curiosity101 Is now at University! :D Joined Mar 26, 2009 Messages 5,527 Reaction score 4 Points 38 Location Uk, Nottinghamshire May 21, 2009 #3 30 Plecos 8" and under. List compiled by a tff member. Don't know how many would be small enough for a 10g but it's a good starting point. Pitbull Plecs look like the most likely option tbh at an average size of 2" according to the guide.
30 Plecos 8" and under. List compiled by a tff member. Don't know how many would be small enough for a 10g but it's a good starting point. Pitbull Plecs look like the most likely option tbh at an average size of 2" according to the guide.
O oliesminis Fish Crazy Joined Apr 30, 2007 Messages 313 Reaction score 0 Points 0 May 21, 2009 #4 Thanks so far, any solid info?
england channa aka snakehead Joined Dec 13, 2005 Messages 10,394 Reaction score 3 Points 0 Location Bournemouth Dorset / Medellin Colombia May 21, 2009 #5 I thought bulldog plecs got to 5inche's? only thing sim i can think is oto's
Curiosity101 Is now at University! :D Joined Mar 26, 2009 Messages 5,527 Reaction score 4 Points 38 Location Uk, Nottinghamshire May 21, 2009 #6 Pitbull Plec <--This is the one I meant and Bulldog Pleco <---Not this Also, gotta agree, otos seem to be a good alternative for a small tank. I've never kept any personally, but I've seen lots of people with them.
Pitbull Plec <--This is the one I meant and Bulldog Pleco <---Not this Also, gotta agree, otos seem to be a good alternative for a small tank. I've never kept any personally, but I've seen lots of people with them.
O oliesminis Fish Crazy Joined Apr 30, 2007 Messages 313 Reaction score 0 Points 0 May 21, 2009 #7 anyone ever seen pitbull plecos for sale?
england channa aka snakehead Joined Dec 13, 2005 Messages 10,394 Reaction score 3 Points 0 Location Bournemouth Dorset / Medellin Colombia May 21, 2009 #8 Nope, just read abit about then, sound nice never seen them, also good for hair algae, sounds good
Curiosity101 Is now at University! :D Joined Mar 26, 2009 Messages 5,527 Reaction score 4 Points 38 Location Uk, Nottinghamshire May 21, 2009 #9 I'm not useful enough to know where to buy them from...sorry. lol. It's just I was toying with the idea of buying a plec awhile ago and was looking at some of the smaller varieties.
I'm not useful enough to know where to buy them from...sorry. lol. It's just I was toying with the idea of buying a plec awhile ago and was looking at some of the smaller varieties.
england channa aka snakehead Joined Dec 13, 2005 Messages 10,394 Reaction score 3 Points 0 Location Bournemouth Dorset / Medellin Colombia May 21, 2009 #10 Try asking your lfs about getting some in, see what they say, try tri-mar online see what he has, look on classifieds or ebay
Try asking your lfs about getting some in, see what they say, try tri-mar online see what he has, look on classifieds or ebay