100L Or 78L? Confused?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

khial

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

i have a aqua one ufo 550...on the aqua one website it states that it is 100 litres.....but on the instructions from the aqua one website it say 78 litres

which one is it????? and stupid i know but i dont have a way of measuring

More confused?

q_zps503b6bd6.png

Size: Length 86cm x Depth 55cm x Height 62cm - volume 78 litres

what the hell, ive just done one that came up at 146? no one seems to know how big it is, even the manufacturers are unsure,

id understand 5, 10 litres at a push but 22 litres is a big difference, i cant even drain it and refill it....really confused!!

LxWxH is only going to work for traditional (cuboidish) shaped aquariums, different shapes have different formulas.

No ideas from me right now in that case i'm afraid, far too late to concentrate! I don't suppose you have any chance of seeing it in person before buying to confirm the measurements?

I have this tank and have also been confused by this, however most of the information I've since read suggests to me that it's 78 liters. I questioned it until I had to take care of a rainbow crab and set my old tank up next to the UFO 550 and realised just how similar it was in size (my old tank was around 70 liters) which did disappoint me as I thought it was going to be a significant upgrade. Although, because it's a corner tank, you have to keep in mind that despite it looking a lot bigger from the front, it obviously gets quite narrow at the back.

I already have the tank and cm confirm the measurements are correct, the amount of fish I have in there would suggest I'm over stocked for a 70 litre, but I still have loads of room left in there, I also have a 25 litre in my living room along with the UFO, I exchanged water in them a couple of days ago, and what looked like 20% just about filled my 25l, I'm guessing at 100l...on another note I've emailed aqua one regarding this, not sure if it will get any result as they have different answers themselves...apologies for the block text I'm using mobile now

I CAN NOW CONFIRM ITS IS 100L, recieved a (very fast) reply this morning.

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion for the volume of the UFO 550.

When first released in was advertised as a 78 litre aquarium.

We have since filled one and discovered it is 100 litre aquarium.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Steve Kelly
Technical Sales Manager
Aqua Pacific UK Ltd
Tel: 02380 734000
Fax: 02380 740200
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.aquaone.co.uk

So, what we're saying here is that AquaOne can't even do basic maths......

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back