£1000 To Spend On A Tank...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

@ombomb

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
...unfortuntely it's just for the reception at work but it'll still be my baby!

What would you do?

I just reccomend a peacefull freshwater comminity, I was gonna say a huge discus setup but that would be alot of work to maitain

Busy reception or quiet?
Lots of natural light or not?

I'm sure questions like these would impact on the setup you go for.

Does your company have a strong brand?
ie "Orange" have office tanks with orange fish in them...

I'd go for a planted, South American type tank. And yes, i know, the amazon doesn't really have any plants, but it looks so much better that way. Add a school of cardinal tetras, cause in a large school they look absolutely stunning.

P.T.

Vision 450 & cabinet.

Small round gravel substrate. (easiest to maintain.)

A couple of big bogwood pieces. Java ferns & floating plants.

Shoal of rummynose, shoal of cardinals, shoal of sterbai cories.
Pair of gold bristlenoses & pair of mismatched angels - eg one silver, one gold.

Enough change from a grand to maintain it for a couple of years at least.

Def a big Juwel vision with an external Eheim. I like the idea of shoals of kribs and Angels! If the budget is there I'd probably upgrade the lights and make it reasonably well planted, it will be a little more work to look after but will look so good and surely thats what your company wants!

Does your company have a strong brand?
ie "Orange" have office tanks with orange fish in them...

i heard about that!

they got some famous feng shui guy in and he made the pond.

apprently theres mostly goldfish but a few are black and if a black fish dies its bad karma or something so nobody works that day.

or so i heard.

as for the grand.

get a 6x3 tank made or as big as you can and get NW cichlids like severums and blue acara.

id say oscars but there probably not that suited for a reception. not quite as pretty as a sev or blue acara (unless your one of us lot lol).

2 bristlenoses, 6 scwartz corys, shoal of cardinals and 3 bala sharks + add a couple more of ur choice!...should do the trick! definetly get an external filter tho as i hate those juwel black box filter (TAKE EM OUT!!!) there horrid!! :crazy:

I would say that, for a grand, you can get anything you really want, but that you will have to make some sacrifices on things like filtration in order to go for a really big tank.

I spent over 1K on my tank, and it's not quite 5 foot. The costs mount pretty rapidly on a big tank.

Definately go with the congo tetra's though, they look awesome.

Steve

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back