100 Litre Stocking Ideas

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi all, i am currently setting up a 100 litre tank,
001.jpg

this was taking a while ago but its the same aquascape (the water is still cloudy)

i am certain that I'm getting a kribensis pair

any other fish that will be classed as dither fish and will keep the krib male and female from battling is what im looking for, i am still doing long night research on dither fish and have come up with 8 cardinal tetras & 6 H.Rasboras

Pair of kribs, 8 cardinal & 6 rasboras, will it work?

sorry for the constant threads on the same subject :lol: everyone is always worried and excited about setting up a fish tank

Thanks ;)
 
Most cardinals are wild caught and they need a softer acidic pH, so they aren't that hardy. The boras are, instead of cardinals, I would do some neon tetras.
 
Neons are renowned for needing a mature tank and being rather sensative, I would go for the cardinals

As for your stocking i've never kept those fish so i don't feel qualifyed to give you and answer

Best of luck.
 
Neons are renowned for needing a mature tank and being rather sensative, I would go for the cardinals

As for your stocking i've never kept those fish so i don't feel qualifyed to give you and answer

Best of luck.


I'm a newb and I seem to keep my neons and rams just fine. CArdinals need a pH of 5.0-6.0! You do not understand, neons are the way to go.
 
I'd still say neons are not suitable - krib food most likely if they survive the new tank.

How is the cycle going?
 
I'd still say neons are not suitable - krib food most likely if they survive the new tank.

How is the cycle going?

its going good, ammonia went quick cos of the media from the 240litre, im in the nitrite stage and ooh boy is it a battle! :lol:

so what fish do u recommend
 
What are the stats?

See how the rasboras go, then see if there is room for any more - remember the kribs will be fairly docile until they start breeding then will turn homicidal.

I'd add a bristlenose too but just because I like them.
 
What are the stats?

See how the rasboras go, then see if there is room for any more - remember the kribs will be fairly docile until they start breeding then will turn homicidal.

I'd add a bristlenose too but just because I like them.

ammonia: 0ppm
nitrIte: slightly off the chart, water changes are key ;)
nitrAte: dont really check it that much, I've forgotten what it was lol

i keep adding ammonia solution for food for the bacteria
 
Oh, you have a pair of kribs in this tank? Then I would not do the neons. A bristlenose would go great. I wish I knew more about kribs so that I could help you. Try posting it in the African forum asking for Krib tank mates. I would put a bristlenose in there, it would be fine.
 
Oh and be prepared that you may have to move the dither fish/return them to the store if the kribs do attack them too much.

I know my kribs would stand nothing but a bristlie as a tank mate.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top