10 Gallong Tank Setup Help!

athao04

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
208
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
St. Paul, MN
Hi Everyone!

I have a 10 gallon tank thats been up and running for about 1 1/2 months. I want some lively, but small fish. If anyone could suggest some great setups with fish/fishes that would be great! I was thinking of getting some Neolamprologus multifasciatus but Im not sure. I also want to get some smaller fishes such as Guppies or Endlers. Ive gotten a TON of bettas, but they are in their separate tanks, I just want some nice suggestions for a 10g that people have made before! Thanks in advanced for the advice!
 
Hey i was in the "new to the hobby" forums and they have a post all about 10 gal. tanks with some cool ideas.
Maybe check it out.
but whatever you do, don't over stock it, thats sadly what I am dealing with at this time.
 
I haven't checked out Danios yet, but I will give a look into them after class today!
 
you could get away with 4 or 5 dwarf puffers.
In a tank that size you can really only keep them as single or 2 maximum I'm afraid although I would be inclined to keep a single with maybe a few ottos. There's any article here about them:

[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/content/Oddballs...rs-Should-Know/"]http://www.fishforums.net/content/Oddballs...rs-Should-Know/[/URL]

Some decent small sized species are:

Cherry Barbs
Harlequin Rasboras
Galaxy rasboras
Dwarf (Spotted) Rasboras
Endlers
Pygmy cories (Corydoras pygmaeus, harbrosus, hastatas)
Sparkling gouramis
Honey Gouramis
Platies (although a little on the big size at 2")
guppies
Most Shrimp species
Some danio sp. and tetra sp. are small enough but are too active IMO for anything less than a 20 gallon tank.
:good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top