10 Gallon Stocking

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Im going to combine all my fish at some point all into my 29 gallon (minus hte Otos, they staying) and then restock my 10. Im looking for a nice stocking, involving mostly Endlers. Could I also add a dwarf gourami or something? Just something to change it up a bit.


Hows this for 10 gallons:
6 Endlers (2m/4f)
2 Dwarf Gourami (1m/1f)
3 Otos

Sound good? I want to leave room for fry grow out. Thanks
 
I would stay away from the gouramis if you want the fry to live. If you do decide to go with a gourami, I would just make it 1. In my experience, gouramis dont seem to like each other too much.
 
i think dwarf or honey gouramis would be ok. as long as you keep them as a pair they wont cause too much trouble. i could see them getting agressive when having babies but if the tank is busy enough, they might never ever have a succesful brood. also be sure you tank is planted nicely to reduce stress and teratorialism (ptobably not even a word) :good:
 
I really dont mind if the Gouramis eat the fry. The ones they miss will hopefully grow big and strong. Just out of curiosity, will the Gouramis breed in a tank like this? If they do lay eggs, I would pull the eggs and put them in a plastic breeding trap to start to grow, that way I can also monitor feeding better. But would they breed with others in the tank?
 
Well, theres a 0% chance of having any survive if you have a gourami in there. Gouramis breeding habit is similar to betta as far as I know. If you have a filter in your tank that moves the surface of the water, chances are they will never breed because they need a bubble nest for the eggs.
 
Wow, they really are that good at eating fry??? I would think a few could find hiding and survive... If not thats quite and impressive feat by the Gouramis
 

Most reactions

Back
Top