10$ Fish Talk Looking For Better Light

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

RinaLane

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
CUYtHp7WsAAbXxE.jpg

What kind of light I can get for cheap Walmart fish tank? I got the lead online it fits fine but there is only 2 LEDs which is dont give enough light to grow anything... The other problem I have is limited space I have for this tank - the furniture its standing on has about 2 inches gap between tank & decor to put anything in. So I'm looking for another lead preferably with underwater light or something to keep the light inside tank because that furniture cannot be heated.
Any ideas? Kind of LED stripe or anything?

I'm looking to get a Finnex Stingray for my small 5.5 gallon. With the LEDs you sort of have to get ones made specifically for growing, otherwise the light may not be good enough. I have a couple of marineland LEDs that sit on top, pretty low, and I'm only able to grow anubias plants. I've got floating watersprite that's barely hanging on with it. The finnex stingray actually has the red spectrum of light that plants need. Here's a link on amazon if you want to look. Seems pretty low to the tank as well. http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Stingray-Aquarium-Light-16-Inch/dp/B00NAFQ97A/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1445887858&sr=1-2&keywords=finnex+fugeray+planted+16#va-airy-fullscreen

Ps- my marineland LED lights only have white lights and are 7000k. But they don't have the spectrum that plants want. You may be able to get a desk lamp with a cfl bulb to put over it but I don't know much about those but I'm sure there are people on here that are more experienced.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Try these.it's eBay UK.but prob something that could work or similar.10/20/40 inches.submersible.
EBay uk

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 70
gmc1 said:
Try these.it's eBay UK.but prob something that could work or similar.10/20/40 inches.submersible.
EBay uk
does it give enough light to grow anything?

Most reactions

trending

Back