1 male of Betta splendens with 2 Gouramies within of the same tank are compatibles?

The name dwarf gourami is usually Trichogaster lalius. Here is a profile for this fish with photos.
The tank size needed by this fish is 60 x 30 x 30 cm which is bigger than 40 litres.
Dwarf gouramis are aggressive for their size. Two males will fight. A male can harass a female to death.

A blue gourami could be one of the colour varieties of three spot gourami, which need a much bigger tank. Three spot gouramis have been bred to make a lot of different colours, and blue is one of them.
Essjay, many thanks for the advice and for the links!

With all the information i have learned in this thread i know now that i need a bigger tank (than the 40 liters tanks i have now) for to be able of to have happy Gourami fish there. I love so much how is the looking of the different Gourami fish species, but now i will wait for them until the moment i can have a bigger tank for this species of fishes.
Thanks !

The 10g (40 liter)is a small tank, but there are a number of fish that would work in it. We will need to know the water parametersthough, as the small fish are often more demanding of hard or soft water. The GH is general hardness, and related is the pH. You may be able to track these down on the website of your water authority. Before considering any fish, this information is necessary.

Gourami are going to be in a small space whatever the species. But water parameters will tell us which gourami may work.

Most reactions

Back