1 Fry with No mommy??

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

celestialpoet

Reaction score
Hey everyone . Im new at fish breeding and i have a question. Last night I looked into my tank and found 1 black fry. All the female fish looked still pregnant and eating well. I think it was a molly fry, so i took out my two female mollies that looked about due. i put one female in the breeding trap and the other in the maternity tank. When i woke up .. no more babies. Has anyone know of a fish giving birth to one fry and still be pregnant and not drop the rest? If so, when and is it ok to leave them seperated?? Thanks for any comments :(

My ballon molly did this,but quite the opposite. She dropped 16 babies,a week or so went by,and she dropped ONE. One last fry. :huh: I don't get it either,but they can hold them in and drop them at their leisure it seems.

:D Hi!
:) It could have been her first fry, because I heard that they can give birth for a couple days. :-( or it have been her last fry and the reason you didn't see ithe rest could be that they got eaten........ :sad: I hope that didn't happen !!!
I have 5 platy fry. That's all i could save, the rest got eaten. Two of the fry got eaten for sure, i seen it with my own eyes and couldn't do anything... :sad: it happened so fast!! Now I am taking care of the lucky 5!!!
:thumbs: Good luck to you with your one fry and i hope you will have more!!
Waiting to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds normal to me , my mollies do that sometimes , it might jsut been an early on that was to matured and the others havent developed all yet

good luck

Most reactions

Back