1-2 gallon planted snail jar questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phildo5

Reaction score
hello, i hate to be a newbie here. but, i grabbed a pickle jar while working fixing kitchen equipment on a service call at a restaurant. my questions were after i put some top soil under the gravel and plant some basic plants such as java fern which i have an exorbitant abundance of, and sagittaria subulata, and possibly glue down some java moss on some driftwood.. should i put tank water into the small jar? cause i have .50 ppm Ammonia in my tap. should i put a air stone or a small sponge filter inside? also, do you think a clip on light will work with a jar? the twist knob type? i think its a 1.5 gallon jar... i placed in warm water and iso alcohol to easily remove the label and glue and unfortunately didnt get the size, but ill find out shortly after i fill that bad boy up. Also, i plan on using it as a snail grow out tank as my Bolivians kept nipping and actually killed one of my Ramshorn snails. i had 3 and now down to 2 left in the community. thanks IN-advance.. y'all are so talented in so many ways!

Attachments

• pickle jar.jpeg
    pickle jar.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 97
  • jar 2.jpeg
    jar 2.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 101

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back