Zebras - Fishy World Eye Candy !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to share some awesome photos of some gorgeous zeb babies. A member on TFF breeds them (but wishes to stay anonymous for obvious reasons). But aren't these photos just great? Well, for those who appreciate zebs, even if from a distance.
If only I had the stable & correct setup to provide these gorgeous fish, I'd have some in a flash (combined with winning the lottery!). And can't believe I had a single one years ago plonked into my community tank (just before the ban came in) paid around £30 for it and then lost it (the only fish!) during a house move. I can understand the current hype and a lot of people jumping on the (what they think might be) money making band wagon - but to be honest, I thought they were amazing long before all this hype and export ban, bringing on supply and demand.

But I guess if we have more breeders like this, perhaps one day they'll be more available (as I think they are already becoming) so that they don't have to be exported from their natural habitat - as endangered as they are even there. So well done to those breeding them :good:

P1040235.jpg

P1040242.jpg

P1040244.jpg

holy moley :eek: :drool: :eek: :drool:

i can see why they want to stay anonymous they'd probs get bangs on the door and find angry tff members with a shotgun and with a net and bucket ready :lol: :lol:

heh, yeah, like a catfish burglar. The bucket would need to be fashioned to look like a swag bag to fit the costume. ;)

Why were they banned? People dumping them into lakes and such or something?

Anywho, they look pretty darn amazing. Very striking and eyecatching fish.

They were banned beacuse they were becoming extinct in the wild. There are loads of breeding programs going on in the uk that they are becoming popular again I can get them down here for about £50 each the only reason there so expensive is that they take about 2yrs to get to a few inches.

No offence but are you sure they are Zebra Plecos?
I've hunted high and low and not seen them much cheaper than about £130. People are crying out for them and their are so many wanted ads because people are desperate to get hold of them.
Any hints on where to find them so cheap would be much appreciated by people who are looking for them! :good:

They were banned beacuse they were becoming extinct in the wild. There are loads of breeding programs going on in the uk that they are becoming popular again I can get them down here for about £50 each the only reason there so expensive is that they take about 2yrs to get to a few inches.

OOO wow.. that sucks for the poor fish :(

I've hunted high and low and not seen them much cheaper than about £130. People are crying out for them and their are so many wanted ads because people are desperate to get hold of them.
Any hints on where to find them so cheap would be much appreciated by people who are looking for them! :good:

yes they are L46 hypancistrus zebra, 10000000%

if you have hunted high and low i assume you have been to www.zebrapleco.com?

if i was that desperate that would be my starting point trying to buy some.

and lovely fish, mysterious member lol

yes they are L46 hypancistrus zebra, 10000000%

if you have hunted high and low i assume you have been to www.zebrapleco.com?

if i was that desperate that would be my starting point trying to buy some.

and lovely fish, mysterious member lol
I didn't mean the photos Mike, I meant the ones that are going for £50 in Essex!
I've joined zebrapleco.com as I've just brought 4 Zebra Plecos!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back