Zebra Plecs (L046s)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I better update my position on buying......

since i bought my arowana I'm not going to have any dosh left from more expensive fishies!!

I think we can consider this as going nowhere - sorry folks :(

I didn't mean to get anyone hopes up :/

I spoke to the fish guy today and there is nothing coming up on any of the lists :(

YEah I'm with CFC I would love to start breeding them to stop there extinction but I have a problem I live in Australia, they have stuipd custom laws :p they wont allow importing easily at all....and I've seen them go for $1000 AUS here....so I dunno how I can afford them :lol:

Theres no point in even considering buying L046's in aus, hardly any people sell them, and when they do nobody can afford to buy them. The real money making catfish here a peppermints and albino b'nose, if you can get a colony of those your set :)

and where do you suppose i can get them easily :lol: but I'll give it a shot
How much are they approx here...I've never even looked out for them before I woulda though panda cories are good bucks and discus :p

Have you guys checked out River Wonders? They have L-046 Zebra plecs for $115 USD (£61) each. $290 (£154) flat shipping fee to Europe. If you buy quite a few, it's a good deal. :)

cutechic said:
Have you guys checked out River Wonders? They have L-046 Zebra plecs for $115 USD (£61) each. $290 (£154) flat shipping fee to Europe. If you buy quite a few, it's a good deal. :)
if we bought 10 with the shipping it works out about £75 a fish.

I dread to think how long it would take for them to ship over and what the casualty rate would be like.. if 7 lived - that would be up to nearly £110 a fish.

not that good really.

I was hoping to get a box into the country and sell them out for around the £70 each mark. oh well. :-(

They do have a live guarantee on the fish, but I doubt it'd cover the costs of shipping. Good luck finding some, though. I'm sure you'll find them eventually :nods:

They sell zebra plecs(L046) in chessington for £65 a fish. They had some two weeks ago.....that was the last time I was there.

chali said:
They sell zebra plecs(L046) in chessington for £65 a fish. They had some two weeks ago.....that was the last time I was there.
Give - us a name and a number... we'll be there :D

As far as I know its just called chessington garden centre. I will see if I can get a phone number and post again. CFC also knows this place.

:D It is called Chessington Garden Centre.....the phone number is......01372 725 638. You'll probably have to ask for the aquatics department. HTH.......and good luck in your search.

Anyone near the Worthing, West Sussex area?? maidenhead aqatics in findon have about 9 left, they have got a price tag of around £120 I do believe.

Rybka said:
and where do you suppose i can get them easily :lol: but I'll give it a shot
How much are they approx here...I've never even looked out for them before I woulda though panda cories are good bucks and discus :p
A small peppermint plec will retail for about $50 - 70 bucks, for a 3 - 4cm fish. Although a lot of breeders sell young fish for around $40 +.

Albino b'nose are way more expensive, your looking at around $200 from a breeder and at leat $250 from a store.

After the initial investment, you can quite easily cover the cost of buying the fish if you intend to breed them as they are always in demand here.

chali said:
As far as I know its just called chessington garden centre. I will see if I can get a phone number and post again. CFC also knows this place.
Yes i do also know the place, unfortunately. Personally i wouldn't spend my money there if my life depended on it, the staff are the most ignorant and unknowlegable i have ever come across and some of their tanks can only be described as disgusting. Its a real shame because it would otherwise be a very good shop but for me the bad things by far outweigh the good.

Most reactions

trending

Back