Yay Have Channas - Ornatipinnis

Doesn't look so much as a fight wound more like where it has tried to get under a rock or something! It seems to large of an area to be fighting, the pic of the head last one. The first could be fight related, have you seen any of the fighting? How do they seem to react to each other when your watching them?

The two above also have really torn tails. Me and Alex have not seen any fighting or grappling. When I watch from afar from around the corner they are floating or exploring, when I go up and observe they all come up except one and beg for food or basically interested in me. The one that doesnt come out is one of the injured ones..

Its more than likely just setting a pecking order. I would just keep an eye on them and make sure he's eatting but they should be fine! I hope!

Thanks babes, they are all eating so least that is good :good: Im sure I will have the next set of questions before long :lol:

Thanks again :good: I have been thinking about it, decided to perhaps add the plecs down the line so I can just keep an eye on the channa and not have additional fish to worry about in that tank, also to make sure not overloading the filter, though sure will be tempted down the line! As to the puff tank going to try some barbs to see how he reacts.

Sweet, I saw some pics of your puff he looks nice. Not my thing but.... What plec are you considering? 1 of mine share a slate breeding cave with the biggest snakehead! Its quite funny to see! I'll try and get a pic of it!

Im thinking relatively small ones such as bristlenoses, open to suggestions?

I witnessed the aggression this morning! One had flared out and was pushing on the other which was backing away, so least I have seen it now.

At least you know which one to watch now! Maybe removing him rearranging the tank and putting him back in may reduce his aggression? In regards to plec types its whatever floats your boat really, I have a gold nugget, a L254, 2 bristle noses, 2 flash plecs, a clown plec and a rubber nose plec they have all but the nugget been in with the snakeheads at some point! I had a white seam but he died, I'd only had him a few weeks! :sad: The others are all fine though and I see them quite often. Its personal taste really.

hey there,it does not look that bad,just grazes as such, you will see them flaring like cichlids do, real bad aggrestion is circling of each other then going in for the kill, them little ones in the tank next to sink were scrapping the other day,one had the eye area of the other in its mouth,they went round in circles for 10mins, with pinning him to the floor,but it ended good,luckily...lol

Thankfully no bad injuries then! There will always be a bit of trouble with aggressive, predatory fish! Just got to keep fingers crossed there is no fatalities! :shifty:

Thanks so much guys, just glad I saw some of the behaviour! Thanks so much will update on the aggression and pairing as it progresses and also if I do go the plec route!

How are the little snakies? Any update at all? Any plecs? Mine have just moved into a trigon 350 with a 6.5" L~077 rusty plec!

Heya they have pretty much healed again so keeping an eye for the next bout. Ive decided against a pleccy for the mo. Had to google our one and is tres gorgeous :drool:

hopefully now I can trade mine in for some plueros! :drool: Just got to find someone who will sell me some! Or give them to me! :hey: Glad yours are all healed, I have 2 that have been havin a go! one has a few scales missing, the other a chunk of dorsal fin! :shout: Why cant they just play nice!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back