Worried about pregnant platy.

Amy Dermody

Reaction score
If some could give me some advice please I would appreciate it. So I have a pregnant wagtail I believe. she is hiding alot and not really eating and today I notice her poop was thick and white. So my question is could she be sick or is the weird poop just part of pregnancy?
20181024_130529.jpg

White poop could be a sign of internal parasites but I would think the other fish would have it too. Prazipro is suppose to be safe but I would check for pregnant fish. Did you feed anything different that could cause the color change? Hope you figure it out. Good luck!

Prazipro is considered one of the gentler treatments so I would think it would be safe for pregnant fish. I have used it with guppies with no issues.

White poop could be a sign of internal parasites but I would think the other fish would have it too. Prazipro is suppose to be safe but I would check for pregnant fish. Did you feed anything different that could cause the color change? Hope you figure it out. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. No I didnt feed them anything different but I called the pet store where I got them from and they think it might be a parasite or an intestinal infection . so I will be going first thing in the morning to get the medicine for it. I just hope the medicine dont hurt the fish.

Prazipro is considered one of the gentler treatments so I would think it would be safe for pregnant fish. I have used it with guppies with no issues.
Thank you I will definitely make sure I get that one. I'm new at being a fish owner and i have gotten quite attached to them. So I'm trying to do my homework on them.

Thank you I will definitely make sure I get that one. I'm new at being a fish owner and i have gotten quite attached to them. So I'm trying to do my homework on them.
I was given two wagtail and one other one. The owner didnt take good care of them and the tank was very Dirty. So upon cleaning the tank out I noticed a baby hiding in the algae and the waste of the fish. So my question to you is do you think if I medicate the tank it will be ok for the baby fish also?

I was given two wagtail and one other one. The owner didnt take good care of them and the tank was very Dirty. So upon cleaning the tank out I noticed a baby hiding in the algae and the waste of the fish. So my question to you is do you think if I medicate the tank it will be ok for the baby fish also?
I also have 2 Mickey mouse fish that i just got a few days ago from the pet store.

Platy fry are tough. I moved all of my platies to another tank so I could give the bigger tank to my goldfish. Two weeks later I found a platy fry that I missed in there. He had dodged the hungry goldfish and kept himself alive. I think your baby will be fine if he has survived this long. Good luck and keep us posted.

Platy fry are tough. I moved all of my platies to another tank so I could give the bigger tank to my goldfish. Two weeks later I found a platy fry that I missed in there. He had dodged the hungry goldfish and kept himself alive. I think your baby will be fine if he has survived this long. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you so much!! That makes me feel better. And I will definitely keep you posted

I see clamped fins as well. Is she breathing hard? What's your water parameters? Pregnant fish hide a lot/don't eat as they are trying to get ready for delivery.

Thanks for replying, I'm so new to this so when you tell me you see clamped fins I dont know what to look for. Also I dont know what water parameters is. Sorry for being so clueless Trying to educate myself so the poor fish have a chance.

Thanks for replying, I'm so new to this so when you tell me you see clamped fins I dont know what to look for. Also I dont know what water parameters is. Sorry for being so clueless Trying to educate myself so the poor fish have a chance.
I just googled it and she might be stressed because I just moved her to an smaller tank for now because the male would not leave her alone.

20181026_121917.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back