Worried about pregnant platy.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That's weird. Did you clean the gravel?

I don't have a lot of experience with cloudy tanks or platies but-

You can but make sure to follow the directions closely. If your filter cartridge has carbon in it (these are the little black rocks in the middle of the filter fiber) you will have to take the carbon out. It will absorb all the medication.
They can easily be taken out depending on what cartridge you have.

Yes I did clean the gravel but there was so much fish poop in it. I honestly dont think it was ever cleaned.Because after I Siphoned the gravel there was still alot left.

Yes I did clean the gravel but there was so much fish poop in it. I honestly dont think it was ever cleaned.Because after I Siphoned the gravel there was still alot left.
Both my tanks have the white filters with black small rocks in them so I will be sure to remove then before I treat them. So i will do the water change tonight then add the medicine tomorrow. Thank you so much

Both my tanks have the white filters with black small rocks in them so I will be sure to remove then before I treat them. So i will do the water change tonight then add the medicine tomorrow. Thank you so much

No problem. Best of luck with your platies.

What kind do you suggest? I will run out to get some tomorrow morning. Thank you
It’s called Seachem Prime. Here’s a pic... Goid luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 98

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back