White Cloud Mountain Minnow 30l Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yshif

Reaction score
2559258400_bc4bd828b3.jpg

I've got eight white clouds in this 30l Tetra art tank, 11w of light, cycled with mature filter media and filter replaced with a fluval1+ for added filtration, all water stats now looking perfect. Planting is Hygrophila Polysperma, java fern, Vallis Torta, and I'm going to add a little java moss.

I think I'm fully stocked - what do you think - I do not want to overstock - anything I could add (but I'm quite happy :))? I'd quite like a snail to deal with any algae that develops - any thoughts on that.

Comments v. welcome as I'm a noobie

I love these WCMM's!

IMO its stocked enough.
The tank looks good. It'll look even better when the plants fill it out.

EDIT: Oops as in stocking, I was only thinking fish wise. I agree with Kniesh. I would suggest an otto or 2 but it seems there's no need for one in your tank. Cherry shrimp would definitely look good in your tank. ^_^

Very nice tank, its refreshing to see Minnows used for something other than to feed bigger fish. I think you could defiinately add some sort of snail and you could probably add some shrimp too so long as you keep on top of water changes I dont see any problems there. Just set my 10gal up pretty similar to this, It's just got 3 minnows in, (although I keep about 25 in my 40gal with my Fire Bellied Toads), and I am putting a few differing species of shrimp in there too.

Very nice tank, its refreshing to see Minnows used for something other than to feed bigger fish. I think you could defiinately add some sort of snail and you could probably add some shrimp too so long as you keep on top of water changes I dont see any problems there. Just set my 10gal up pretty similar to this, It's just got 3 minnows in, (although I keep about 25 in my 40gal with my Fire Bellied Toads), and I am putting a few differing species of shrimp in there too.

How many shrimp should I add - v. interested in this idea - would 5 be ok? Thanks guys

great tank mate :good:
I would go for about 3 personally or maybe 5 cherry shrimps...although I am no shrimp expert...

Hi, yeah 5 Shrimp would not be a problem, I forgot to mention in my Pm, you might want to consider a very small piece of bogwood. This will allow a small algae colony to constantly be available, and the micro-organisms that live on the algae for the shrimp,and any baby shrimp they may have especially. Nothing that will stand out too much on the current decor, just a small piece you could blend in with it. Keep us posted with pics for when u add them :good:

Nice tank!

I like White Clouds, I am hoping to find some long fin variety like these:

minnow%20white%20clowds%20red2.jpg

Now that is a fish. Never seen them before but i want some.

Great looking tank. :hyper:

You can get the smaller varieties of snails, such as MTS, pond, and ramshorn. Apples would be a little cramped, in my opinion. They'll be easy to control population-wise in a smaler tank such as this if you don't like having too many.

I love WCMMs, would love a coldwater setup with em but not enough room. The long-finned version is GORGEOUS, I've never seen one of those before!

PS and of course your regular ones are cool too! My excitement got the better of me there.

Hello all,

My tank is going well and I love it, the 8 WCM are happy however the 5 red cherry shrimp are now about 20 (!) or so and breeding ever more rapidly. Which is great, but whats the bioload like on my tank - am I going to run into problems??

Cheers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back