What Is Your Job?

i know someone who is training to be a vet and they arn't great earners!

she's working with a vet who has been qualified 7 years and is only pulling 30k a year.

what do you mean ONLY?

thats a good salary IMO

i'm qualified in what i do but could never earn anything above £15k

We had a pheasant fly through a window (it was closed at the time) then had a terrified and bloody bird to try and capture. I have also had a racing pidgeon take a pit stop by my desk. We don't get your sort of wildlife in the wilds of warwickshire :lol:

i thought pheasants couldnt fly, hense they get ran over alot

Oh you must be a townie :lol:

is it THAT obvious?? :blink:

haha :)
pheasants can fly hun but nest and spend most of there time on the ground usually running from danger through the undergrowth when startled they do fly, high as well that is when they shoot them for sport
scot :)

i knew they got shot, but was told they were flightless birds, but when they caught a good upwind is when they glided

oh well nevermind eh, learn summat new everyday!

(i still think £30k is a good salary, but i suppose rent etc is also cheaper here

I started as a programmer about a dozen years ago. Over time, I've slowly become more and more of a hardware and projects person. I'm with a a contractor here at Johnon Space Center NASA. I had a couple lay-offs happen 3-4 years ago and had to work at a oil and gas staffing company doing databases. Now back at NASA again, writing documents, testing hardware, and ordering supplies.

Im a Bank Manager, really think they should start paying my wage straight to the LFS, thats where it all ends up!!!
Luke

I'm a creative test developer for www.weeworld.com (my WeeMee is my avatar). It's probably the funnest job I've ever had.

I'm an IT Trainee Technician for my local council (Newcastle City Council).

I'm currently based at a secondary school but will be moving to another school in February for more experience. This Trainee-ship is for 1 year (contracted), then there may be a job offering at the end, but I do not know, I'm just hoping.

I am a lowley Electrician, and not even a Journeyman yet... ha ha but i will be in 4 months. Love my job, somedays it is physically demanding and other days there is a lot more mental work involved. Never would have guessed i would end up in a trade though, Honours student through school, Deans list in University, English/Education Degreee, but then started doing electrical to make some moeny to help with debt and maybe go back to school, realized i enjoyed it and well.. 4 years later, i am almost done my apprenticeship and making a comfortable living, mind you with the Economic slowdown most of the year i have only been working 40-50 hrs a week... its said that i can say only 40 but thats how busy we were for the 3 years prior.. I live in Alberta Canada, so lots of oil company work and oil company money to keep us busy here.

I would post pics of my job but i dont think I would be aloud....
Im a full time mum and an Ann Summers Party Organiser! 2-4 hours a week for £60+ :)

i know someone who is training to be a vet and they arn't great earners!

she's working with a vet who has been qualified 7 years and is only pulling 30k a year.

that suprises me , I thought they;d get more than that especially after all the training.

With wife kids and mortgage its not a great deal and you canearn that money easily doing a less skilled job, doesn;t seem fair somehow

Throughout College and University (last 7.5years) I have worked part time at my LFS,
However now i have graduated with a BA(Hons) in Graphic Communication I'm looking for a Full time job in the Design or Photography sector

Throughout College and University (last 7.5years) I have worked part time at my LFS,
However now i have graduated with a BA(Hons) in Graphic Communication I'm looking for a Full time job in the Design or Photography sector

High five for graphic design students! Where did you study? Hows the job hunt going? It seems to be 50/50 for people I know and as usual a lot of luck...

High five for graphic design students! Where did you study? Hows the job hunt going? It seems to be 50/50 for people I know and as usual a lot of luck...

For my degree I studied at the University of Wolverhampton, purely because it was close to work/home,

Job hunting is slow, but tbh I expected it to be in this area, there are a few jobs out there but no one wants to hire graduates atm,
Mostly they're all asking for 3 years experience minimum presumably so they don't have to waste time and money on training.

Out of my three main friends and I who studied design, only one has been employed so far,

Full time mother for last (nearly) 18 years. I no longer have a brain or am able to function in the 'real' world :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back