What Is Your Job?

I am a Search and rescue Helmsman on the river Thames in London.

I work for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution commonly known as the RNLI: www.rnli.org.uk

Huge respect for the work you do and your colleagues, comming from a family that likes sea fishing its a charity we don't mind supporting at all.

I havn't got a job yet (currently history student) but I want to work in a job that helps people eg. social worker, teacher, police.

I am a Search and rescue Helmsman on the river Thames in London.

I work for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution commonly known as the RNLI: www.rnli.org.uk

Huge respect for the work you do and your colleagues, comming from a family that likes sea fishing its a charity we don't mind supporting at all.

I havn't got a job yet (currently history student) but I want to work in a job that helps people eg. social worker, teacher, police.

I think it is just as noble to get involved with animal issues...... (RSPCA or something to that effect)

I work in AV, all things audio visual. Plasma/LCD screens, Projectors, Sound Systems, Cinema, AMX control system programming. Can be interesting but not always as fun as it seems.

In my last year of school doing GCSE's but i also have a paperound on saturday and sunday and work after school on monday and wednesday for a rodent breeder (which is very intresting) also on the holidays a voulenteer at the blue cross which is really good!

I'm an IT Manager for an AIM listed, full-service marketing and advertising agency providing services to the healthcare, financial, property and technology industries.

I'm an IT Manager for an AIM listed, full-service marketing and advertising agency providing services to the healthcare, financial, property and technology industries.

So, mostly it appears that people are employed in IT or technology related careers??....Any pet shop owners or aquarium trade workers ... surely should be (apart from Helter).... So nice if you can make your hobby your full time job...... anything else???.....

Im a full time mum, but do 8 hours a week in a well known top fashion shop, where the perks are MAZIN! Came home today with £55 jeans for a fiver, £75 dress for a fiver and a pair of leather stilettos for £3!!!
My wardrobe is getting huge and my boyf is getting mad :good:

does anyone work for the MOD? the royal navy specifically, im in year 11, and i have the choice of the navy or sixth form...what is navy life like?

I'm currently not working due to disabilities.

BUT I am qualified in NVQ level 2 business administration. I was a very good Probate Legal Secretary and I worked in the cash office too in the same company.

I am planning on trying to volunteer for the cats protection, will find out Saturday if I can help

Over here, the people with disabilities have a better chance of employment as it is law (as part of our "affirmative action" policy) that companies must employ a certain %age of disabled people.

BTW.....(Haych)..... :bday:

thank you :D

does anyone work for the MOD? the royal navy specifically, im in year 11, and i have the choice of the navy or sixth form...what is navy life like?

my other half's dad works in the MOD security section, and Kev knows nothing about what his dad has done for 13 yrs as he isnt allowed to talk about it!

Just curious... do all senior certificate school leavers get a job that they want or do they at least get a job at all??....

just heard the figures in SA this morning.... only about 35% of persons completing senior certificate gets a job the next year.

Not sure what you mean, is it like a college diploma? If so, a pretty low percentage of college grads in the US end up in their chosen field. My best friend in high school got a degree in education, she wanted to teach high school science. Right out of school she couldn't get a job, ended up working retail, now she works for the state.

I happened into my career by luck. I was working for a small local buisness that folded and was on unemployment for around 6 weeks. My mom saw an ad in the paper for a police/fire dispatcher and she told me she thought I'd like it. I didn't want to apply as I was afraid of cops (no real reason, they just scared me :huh: ) but Mom badgered me until I applied. I got the job, discoved cops were just as weird as I am and the rest is history. :lol: Of course Mom was right and I love the job. I had a lot of jobs when I was younger and I never lasted long at them, I always got bored, with my job now I never know whats going to happen and that's the whole reason I go to work every day.

I am training to be a Pharmacist

tk-maxx i work out the back and supervise aswell, makes me feel some kind of power in such a rubbish job lol its ok though and pays pretty well for a retail store i also do odd jobs here and there for mates with computers

Brother in law's brother does. He used to be the rescue jumper on HMS Invincible. Does loads of different stuff and still enjoys it (although same applies as to Haych's in law's...)

Good way to get to see the world (unless you go for subs, where you get to see the inside bulkhead wall).

You'd prob end up on a ship I (in my small little way) helped to build. Can the Navy not pay for you to go through 6th form? If not, do 6th form first then join. The Navy will still be there in a couple of years time and you'd have some qualifications to fall back on when you come out.

Or if you go for the airforce then the chances are you'd be working with an aircraft I'd def had my hands on.

Well i worked in security<securicor for jp morgan> for 6 years then got a job at a five star hotel as a front supervisor<money and hours awful :lol: now i have been with a bus company now since 2002,work at the university until we move to colombia, we have now purchased our house out there so ballings rolling good and proper,
heres me at the summer ball
IMG_5222.jpg

yes we got paid to party,,except drink :sad:
IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

Most reactions

Back