What is the rarest guppy/endler variety you have kept?

Blue Japanese endlers. They are the rarest Iā€™ve kept, not saying they are rare but I havenā€™t seen any in stores around me. IMG_3890.jpeg

First thing is what is considered being rare to someone? A fish that is rare in comparison to what's available in your area or rare in comparison to the most commercial known versions?
For instance, the already mentioned Japanese blues... The Japanese blue are originally no endlers but guppies. But yes, there are also Japanese blue hybrids. Adrian Hernandez created the first Japanese blue hybrids. But besides this fact, the commercial trade called Japanese blue guppies once they hit the commercial market "Japanese blue endlers" while we were still dealing with guppies. They called them endlers because of the small body size. But to the serious world of guppies and endler keepers and breeders, the incorrect name was a real taboo. For the commercial trade has named a lot of pure small guppy strains endlers instead to make it more interesting. This is why there are lots of arguments going on on forums, simply because of the fact that the commercial trade has given false names which a lot of stores and people copy as being true.

Well, to give a specific guppy or endler strain as the most rarest strain I've kept, is a bit hard for most of my strains are not available at stores. But for sure I can show some pics overhere to give an impression.
IMG_9817.jpg Ginga kinubali guppy
138644479_1353060541711701_8020894406549450987_n.jpg Full gold guppy
IMG_9119.jpg Green zebrinus lowersword guppy
IMG_8749.jpg Magenta lowersword guppy
IMG_5437.jpg Red dumbo ear mosaic halfmoon guppy
IMG_8602.JPG Metal head ((moscow) dragon red guppy
platinum koi guppy 049a.jpg Platinum red koi guppy
livebearer1 206a.jpg Lutino panda guppy
livebearer2 089a.jpg Galaxy roundtail guppy
livebearer2 170a.jpg Cobra topsword blond guppy

So, there are more but this is just to show you a number of guppy strains of mine...

Some more...
c46.jpgca.jpgcl.jpgcrs.jpges.jpget.jpgfrs.jpglm.jpglp.jpgod.jpgRb.jpgrc.jpgro.jpgrs.jpgrt.jpg
Picture#11 shows rainbow endlers. I've seen a lot of people on the internet call their own creation "rainbow endlers", while there's officially just one pure endler species that is called "rainbow endler" coming from the wild.

First thing is what is considered being rare to someone? A fish that is rare in comparison to what's available in your area or rare in comparison to the most commercial known versions?
For instance, the already mentioned Japanese blues... The Japanese blue are originally no endlers but guppies. But yes, there are also Japanese blue hybrids. Adrian Hernandez created the first Japanese blue hybrids. But besides this fact, the commercial trade called Japanese blue guppies once they hit the commercial market "Japanese blue endlers" while we were still dealing with guppies. They called them endlers because of the small body size. But to the serious world of guppies and endler keepers and breeders, the incorrect name was a real taboo. For the commercial trade has named a lot of pure small guppy strains endlers instead to make it more interesting. This is why there are lots of arguments going on on forums, simply because of the fact that the commercial trade has given false names which a lot of stores and people copy as being true.

Well, to give a specific guppy or endler strain as the most rarest strain I've kept, is a bit hard for most of my strains are not available at stores. But for sure I can show some pics overhere to give an impression.
View attachment 320571 Ginga kinubali guppy
View attachment 320572 Full gold guppy
View attachment 320573 Green zebrinus lowersword guppy
View attachment 320574 Magenta lowersword guppy
View attachment 320575 Red dumbo ear mosaic halfmoon guppy
View attachment 320576 Metal head ((moscow) dragon red guppy
View attachment 320577 Platinum red koi guppy
View attachment 320578 Lutino panda guppy
View attachment 320579 Galaxy roundtail guppy
View attachment 320580 Cobra topsword blond guppy

So, there are more but this is just to show you a number of guppy strains of mine...
Lots of terrific strains! My absolute favorite is the Metal head ((moscow) dragon red guppy. Exquisite. How far along is that one to breeding true? If only it wasnā€™t so far away and I had a free tank, Iā€™d be asking. Did I read that there is a time of year you can ship to the states? *um, asking for a friend *

View attachment 320571 Ginga kinubali guppy
View attachment 320572 Full gold guppy
View attachment 320573 Green zebrinus lowersword guppy
View attachment 320574 Magenta lowersword guppy
View attachment 320575 Red dumbo ear mosaic halfmoon guppy
View attachment 320576 Metal head ((moscow) dragon red guppy
View attachment 320577 Platinum red koi guppy
View attachment 320578 Lutino panda guppy
View attachment 320579 Galaxy roundtail guppy
View attachment 320580 Cobra topsword blond guppy

And I was guilty of the same, knowing the Japanese blues are hybrids but I just called them endlers without thinking. I did however check the title before posting to ensure it said guppy/endler, but somehow still labeled them that anyway.

Thanks for showing these pictures! They look nice.
Thank you.
Lots of terrific strains!
Thanks so much.
How far along is that one to breeding true? If only it wasnā€™t so far away and I had a free tank, Iā€™d be asking.
Not quite there yet.
Did I read that there is a time of year you can ship to the states? *um, asking for a friend *
LOL...
Well, I do ship abroad but I do know from experience that it may differ from state to state how strict customs can be when fish enter the country.
And I was guilty of the same, knowing the Japanese blues are hybrids but I just called them endlers without thinking. I did however check the title before posting to ensure it said guppy/endler, but somehow still labeled them that anyway.
No worries... A lot of people make that mistake.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back