What breather bags should i get for shipping fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Did you hear about Etsy Purchase Protection? It came into effect sometime in August. If the plants get lost in the mail or arrive damaged, etsy will refund the customer and you keep your money.
Yes, by then I had stopped selling plants. However it did mean I was out almost $60 I’m refund costs

Ebay actually deducts 12% of the gross proceeds including 12% of your shipping expense.
Yep. Unfortunately profit isn’t what the fee is based off of. Just like taxes are based off your total income, not just what you have leftover after rent and bills etc

I could take a photo before boxing them and while their in the box that way I can say that they were sent out healthy.
But to get their money back they would have to follow the guidelines set. For example actually taking the package out of the elements by at most an hour after receiving. And if they arrive dear then send clear photos if them in the bag and the dead fish on a napkin to confirm death. Without proof they don't get the money back cause it could be a scam.
Fish must be removed from packaging upon arrival and not left outside in the elements.

Dead fish must be photographed with date stamp immediately.

Email with photograph/s must be sent within 12 hours of receiving the fish.

or something to this effect. most of what you have written is pretty good but put them in bullet points and keep them clear and simple.

How does a seller make their fish this cheap and give it free shipping:
The vendor's doa policy is pretty good

BUYER PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO FOLLOW THE DOA POLICY!
This is for 6 gold barbs

DOA POLICY
Please take photos of any issues in the unopened bag
No photos within 2 hours of tracking marked delivered no refund NO EXCEPTIONS!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT!

The fish are shipped 1 to 3 day depending on location.
PLEASE FOLLOW YOUR TRACKING NUMBER NOT EBAY'S ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE.
THE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE IS INCORRECT THE FISH MAY ARRIVE WELL BEFORE THE ESTIMATED DATE AND COULD DIE IF YOU LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE OR WAIT TO PICK THEM UP! FOLLOW YOUR TRACKING NUMBER BY TYPING IT INTO THE USPS.COM WEBPAGE.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How does a seller make their fish this cheap and give it free shipping:
Because they’re not making much of any profit, probably selling just to clear out stock. It’s not a very profitable business

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Because they’re not making much of any profit, probably selling just to clear out stock. It’s not a very profitable business
Hmm... I'm not breeding for profit. This is probably the only batch I'm selling really.
So I want to make a nice profit off of these guys and then be done

Hmm... I'm not breeding for profit. This is probably the only batch I'm selling really.
So I want to make a nice profit off of these guys and then be done
Unfortunately it’s even less likely to make a nice profit off of small batches :/

Unfortunately it’s even less likely to make a nice profit off of small batches :/
When I say "nice" profit I just mean like a good amount of spending money. Nothing to pay bills with or anything 😅

You need strofoam, breather bags if yopu btake that route, and a box. How much?

Tateurndina retail high where I live ($20 each), but were $7.99 where I lived until recently. So if you're looking for pocket money, you have to balance it against costs, and what a decent price would be where you are. You might be able to make as much by dressing up as a fish and doing a dance .

You need strofoam, breather bags if yopu btake that route, and a box. How much?

Tateurndina retail high where I live ($20 each), but were $7.99 where I lived until recently. So if you're looking for pocket money, you have to balance it against costs, and what a decent price would be where you are. You might be able to make as much by dressing up as a fish and doing a dance .
*dresses up in fish costume and dances*
Wanna fishy!? HERE A FISHY!

@Colin_T
You're a werewolf in sheep's clothing...not a fish; even though you have a fish as your avatar...Maybe it's time to update you avatar to a werewolf.

Most reactions

Back