What breather bags should i get for shipping fish?

even if you could only get $50 for all your fish if selling locally, just think of all the aggravation you will avoid

you would make more money by setting up a koolaid and chocolate chip cookie stand on your street...and you could have a fish bowl with your fish in it on top of your stand and maybe some parent will buy them for their kid. :lol: :banana:
I can hear the kid now: "mommy mommy--look at the neat fish..can you buy them for me...pleeeeease!!"

disclaimer: I do not condone keeping fish in a bowl... I was just joking :fun:

Last edited:
you would make more money by setting up a koolaid and chocolate chip cookie stand on your street...and you could have a fish bowl with your fish in it on top of your stand and maybe some parent will buy them for their kid. :lol: :banana:
I can hear the kid now: "mommy mommy--look at the neat fish..can you buy them for me...pleeeeease!!"
Not really what we should be promoting on this site, but funny.

It's good to request photos of any dead fish within a short period of arrival, or no refund. I had to refund a guy for a DOA shipment of very rare fish, only he was selling their fry a few months later. Very few people have the brains to scam for millions, but for small amounts, they'll steal their Mom's false teeth.

if you sell at ebay, you also have to remember that Ebay charges a 12% fee.
Oh really??
So they will take 12% of any profit?
Makes seese I suppose...
Look at BAND groups or discord
never heard of Band... What is it?
Also my parents would never allow me back onto discord. They basically banned me from it

even if you could only get $50 for all your fish if selling locally, just think of all the aggravation you will avoid
Very true... But I'm not selling to the LPS that's for sure...
Breeding fish, then selling them and making a dollar is not easy. You keep fish for the love of it, not for profit. This hobby will only ever suck money from your wallet.
Yup. Learning that more and more while looking at ways to sell fish.
Its a sellers market but only for big corporations not a small thing like this...

disclaimer: I do not condone keeping fish in a bowl... I was just joking :fun:
I swear I almost considered that while I was going through my headache last night 😂😂😂

If you refund the order, it’s the whole cost. You eat the cost of the shipping. For example, I have a live arrival guarantee for my plants, if they arrive dead, the customer is refunded. Which means I lose the cost of the plants, shipping materials, and shipping cost.
Did you hear about Etsy Purchase Protection? It came into effect sometime in August. If the plants get lost in the mail or arrive damaged, etsy will refund the customer and you keep your money.

I agree, sell them in trios. Also, if a customer says you didn't send the fish or they arrived sick, or something else happened, eBay tends to take the side of the buyer. So you will lose the money.

I agree, sell them in trios. Also, if a customer says you didn't send the fish or they arrived sick, or something else happened, eBay tends to take the side of the buyer. So you will lose the money.
I could take a photo before boxing them and while their in the box that way I can say that they were sent out healthy.
But to get their money back they would have to follow the guidelines set. For example actually taking the package out of the elements by at most an hour after receiving. And if they arrive dear then send clear photos if them in the bag and the dead fish on a napkin to confirm death. Without proof they don't get the money back cause it could be a scam.

I could take a photo before boxing them and while their in the box that way I can say that they were sent out healthy.
But to get their money back they would have to follow the guidelines set. For example actually taking the package out of the elements by at most an hour after receiving. And if they arrive dear then send clear photos if them in the bag and the dead fish on a napkin to confirm death. Without proof they don't get the money back cause it could be a scam.
They can just contact eBay and tell them anything they want and eBay will refund them. You would have no say.

Well eBay can't just take my money without me knowing or having a say. If the terms and conditions are in MY product description, eBay legally has to side with me if the customer shows no proof of DOA

Most reactions

Back