What breather bags should i get for shipping fish?

Well eBay can't just take my money without me knowing or having a say. If the terms and conditions are in MY product description, eBay legally has to side with me if the customer shows no proof of DOA
Or if they left it outside for well more than an hour

Not really lol
Ummm yes. Because the customer, when purchasing the item automatically agrees to any terms in the description making any false claim useless to them.
Unless they have a legitimate case where their fish died in shipping. Then the cost is on me.
Otherwise, no they can't get their money back by trying to scam or by being irresponsible with the package being left out or something.

Ummm yes. Because the customer, when purchasing the item automatically agrees to any terms in the description making any false claim useless to them.
Unless they have a legitimate case where their fish died in shipping. Then the cost is on me.
Otherwise, no they can't get their money back by trying to scam or by being irresponsible with the package being left out or something.

I know I am being very negative here, but what I hate the most is the average scammer accuses you of scamming, as a tactic, in public, online. You see those "don't buy from WWWW, he/she is a scammer" posts? Sometimes they are very legit, but they are also a weapon.

I see may reasons where I don't send stuff unless the person is vetted, or gives me a good vibe. I don't expect to make any money - it's more a way of rehoming fish.

I know I am being very negative here, but what I hate the most is the average scammer accuses you of scamming, as a tactic, in public, online. You see those "don't buy from WWWW, he/she is a scammer" posts? Sometimes they are very legit, but they are also a weapon.

I see may reasons where I don't send stuff unless the person is vetted, or gives me a good vibe. I don't expect to make any money - it's more a way of rehoming fish.
Selling plants online can make you decent money.
Ive made about 150 dollars in the last 9 months.

Selling plants online can make you decent money.
Ive made about 150 dollars in the last 9 months.
That's good spending money for a kid living with their parents, but for an adult paying bills (even for a fish set up), that's not much. I used to earn anywhere from 6 to 12 grand with sideline fish projects, and that helped a lot. But selling fish online never made me more than 600 a year, with our short season. I could make 1500 a year selling in local clubs, which bought me some fish. We are going to pay for our anti-social ways in letting club culture die.

To clear 600 a year, I bred a lot of species. Most packages sent were for about $30, with another 40 to 50 spent on shipping.

How does a seller make their fish this cheap and give it free shipping:

Aliexpress also delivers those breathing bags. More online shops in China sell them.

Fish can survive (IN BREATHER BAGS) for up to 7 days in shipping.
To be honest, they can survive in breathing bags up to 2-3 weeks. I won't recommend it of course. But this is how long they can stay there. We even had fish entries for shows that came in later than the show it self. And they were on their way for about that period of time and they even got fry in the meantime. Of course, we couldn't judge them anymore. But yes, amazingly that they stay well for that long.

That's good spending money for a kid living with their parents, but for an adult paying bills (even for a fish set up), that's not much. I used to earn anywhere from 6 to 12 grand with sideline fish projects, and that helped a lot. But selling fish online never made me more than 600 a year, with our short season. I could make 1500 a year selling in local clubs, which bought me some fish. We are going to pay for our anti-social ways in letting club culture die.

To clear 600 a year, I bred a lot of species. Most packages sent were for about $30, with another 40 to 50 spent on shipping.
I agree. Its spending money and nothing more. It does pay for more fish though 😄

To be honest, they can survive in breathing bags up to 2-3 weeks. I won't recommend it of course. But this is how long they can stay there. We even had fish entries for shows that came in later than the show it self. And they were on there way for about that period of time and they even got fry in the meantime. Of course, we couldn't judge them anymore. But yes, amazingly that stay well for that long.
Wow! Yah I wouldn't want them in there for more than 4 days but that is good to know!

Ebay actually deducts 12% of the gross proceeds including 12% of your shipping expense.

Most reactions

Back