Wall Mounted Aquarium With White Sand & Ocean Rocks

I think it is a molly...
r4.jpg

Is it? lol!

My small tank was near max and it was alone, the shop wman said it would be ok alone, as it is in big tank it can get a mate now :)

A positive ID would help :p

It`s a platy :lol:

Can`t see clearly whether male or female but I think it`s female??. :unsure:

Either way, DO NOT get the opposite sex to make a pair otherwise you`ll end up overun with fry and in a tank that size it`s really not a good idea. You`ll end up with constant water changes needing to be done due to ammonia and waste produced by continuous fry :X :X

If you can rehome the platy or take him back to the lfs you`d be better off upping the numbers of the minnows. If the tank was more mature I`d recommend upping the numbers of neons but 'apparently' a newish tank isn`t a good idea for them :unsure: Platys really aren`t a good idea unless you have a decent sized tank.

Anyway, that`s my two penneth ;)

The plant behind the log looks like Java Fern, have you planted this in the sand?

yeah, ut oh, here we go, all my rooky mistakes on show :p
It has a small weight around it

yeah, ut oh, here we go, all my rooky mistakes on show :p
It has a small weight around it

You just have to be careful with java fern that the rhizome isn't buried. It's best to attach it to wood or rock. You could attach it to that log with string or an elastic band and it would be fine.

You should be proud of yourself. "super, smashing, great" :good:

Thanks for the comments!
The filter is
hj_611b.jpg
HJ611B Sun Sun filter.

I added some filter media from a cycles aquarium filter but i still have a way to go in my cycle.
The filter does have an attachable air noozzle but the fish hid everytime i connected it, so i bought an air stone instead :)

Thanks
Rob

I bought this filter in China for 4 USD and am completely chuffed with it! it is great, great turnover, love the spraybar and it is very silent.

Love the tank! Really nice design and how great to have something like this in your wall!

Most reactions

Back