UPDATE: Fry tank setup

I would test before adding the fry. just to be safe
I definitely am going to test right now. And I’ll post what the results are. But like I said it’s only been running a few hours. And the filter from the old tank has been in less than an hour.

I would run some tests first... You can never be to careful with these maters.

As long as the tank you took the filter from was completely cycled, you should be able to add the fry right now. (Assuming that the temperature is the same in both tanks)

I would run some tests first... You can never be to careful with these maters.

As long as the tank you took the filter from was completely cycled, you should be able to add the fry right now. (Assuming that the temperature is the same in both tanks)
Temp is 80 to 82 in main tank. Fry tank has a preset heater. 78 to 79. I took the filter from the main tank and dropped it into the fry tank which I set up around noon.

I’ll run the tests now on the fry tank. And post the results.

With fry I am always concerned, they are very sensitive, while I had success with raising several different types of fry to adulthood over the years. I have also lost several like my two glow light tetra fry:(. So I may be overly careful but it is because I do not want you to lose your fry.

Livebearer fry are a little less sensitive to change, so you can move them.

Just do daily water changes on the fry tank, 75-95% changes.

With fry I am always concerned, they are very sensitive, while I had success with raising several different types of fry to adulthood over the years. I have also lost several like my two glow light tetra fry:(. So I may be overly careful but it is because I do not want you to lose your fry.
And I’ve waited a long time for fry. Lol. So I’m trying to be extra cautious myself.

Water results for fry tank-

PH-8.0
Ammonia- .50 ppm
Nitrite- 0ppm
Nitrate- 0ppm

Water change, 50% and dechlorinate with Seachem Prime.

Add a handful of anacharis or hornwort to help to absorb ammonia

Due to covid. No plants have come in to stores near me. They barely get fish. I have some java fern in my regular tank ?

You can add the Tetra SafeStart Plus or Seachem Prime. It may be the left over ammonia from the chloramine which is a type that suppose to be harmless. I would do a 50%to 75% water change and pick up a bottle of one of the treatments and treat the water to be sure.

You can add the Tetra SafeStart Plus or Seachem Prime. It may be the left over ammonia from the chloramine which is a type that suppose to be harmless. I would do a 50%to 75% water change and pick up a bottle of one of the treatments and treat the water to be sure.
Well I could. Hoping to wait until payday! Lol. But if I can’t then I’ll pick it up.

Most reactions

Back