UK vs USA

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Scottish eat sheep guts and wear skirts so they should not be setting an example.

The Americans don't know the difference between squash and pumpkins, capsicum and pepper, and have way too many guns for King Charles to want to fight.

The British, well, can't cook for crap. Boiled potatoe and peas Dear.

The New Zealanders say fush n chups coz they can't pronounce some of their vowels.

Australia and Canada are ok and the rest of you can bugga off.

Civil war incoming - I can't stand Cadbury (especially since Hersheys bought it). Galaxy all the way for me! :lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What an absolute travesty! 😭

The Scottish eat sheep guts and wear skirts so they should not be setting an example.

The Americans don't know the difference between squash and pumpkins, capsicum and pepper, and have way too many guns for King Charles to want to fight.

The New Zealanders say fush n chups coz they can't pronounce some of their vowels.

Welcome back Grumpysaurus 😘 so glad you could join us! And what the heck is a capsicum??

My absolute fave is monty bojangles, can usually find them in supermarkets these days. Americans if these ever make their way across the pond I heartily recommend!!!
Bojangles in the U.S.A. Is a fried chicken 🐔 chain. Yum!

The UK is just as weird to be fair: jellied eels, stargazey pie, pease pudding, black pudding 🤢 grim
Probably as many Americans eat that cr.ap as Britons. It’s hardly eaten over here at all… very very niche stuff.

There is no other chocolate from anywhere else on this planet that comes close to Cadbury

So true. Awful stuff. Much worse than it used to be.

Last edited:

If only we could all be more like Aussies and Canadians.

capsicum is pepper spray for crowd control... I used to be able to eat that stuff, before I had a stroke, about a year ago... I ate ghost & scorpion peppers on most anything... now ( & rightfully so ) that stuff gives me heart burn... still like it, but can't eat it anymore...

Capsicum peppers are what my part of the world calls sweet peppers, bell peppers, chili peppers, and hot peppers. They are all the same genus and differ mostly in the shape and heat level of their fruit.

Black pepper, also known as white pepper or peppercorns (Piper nigrum) is a completely different plant that has nothing in common with capsicum peppers, except a level of spiciness.

The whole pepper thing is further complicated by Sichuan pepper (Zanthoxylum sp.) which is completely unrelated to the above two, more closely related to citrus.

Wow, see the things we learn here at the fish forum. Putting any of the above in your fish tank is not recommended.

I think I can summarize. We all eat garbage. We look down on the garbage other cultures eat. Americans eat bland corporate garbage. Brits put horrendous sheep parts in pies. We tend to like peppers, and lively food very different from what we grew up on. The Brits have nice chocolate. The Yanks have elk. Only Canadians and Aussies can be said to have good food, but that's because no one notices us to check, and we're really lying.
I mean, Colin eats Aussie housecats. As a Canadian, I eat Newfoundland gingerbread, Quebecois stimes and poutine, and superior breakfast cereals.

I think I can summarize. We all eat garbage. We look down on the garbage other cultures eat. Americans eat bland corporate garbage. Brits put horrendous sheep parts in pies. We tend to like peppers, and lively food very different from what we grew up on. The Brits have nice chocolate. The Yanks have elk. Only Canadians and Aussies can be said to have good food, but that's because no one notices us to check, and we're really lying.
I mean, Colin eats Aussie housecats. As a Canadian, I eat Newfoundland gingerbread, Quebecois stimes and poutine, and superior breakfast cereals.
I don't just eat domestic kitties, I will take feral ones too. I just like the marbling on the fat domestic ones, (making my mouth water thinking about them). And I like birds and fish too (as pets but also as food). And I like moo cows, (mm they are tasty), sheep at any age, pig if its bacon or ham (otherwise it tastes like human). Kangaroo is a bit dry on its own but pour some carrot sauce over it and OMG, party in my mouth.

You lot can keep your haggis and fried chicken soaked in drug resistant bacteria, I will stay with the above mentioned foods and buffalo, horse, chocodile, emu, and most other animals. But I don't care for snake or lizard, snake has too many little bones and it's painful eating them. The last lizard I ate was raw and upset my tummy in a bad way. :werewolf:

I don't just eat domestic kitties, I will take feral ones too. I just like the marbling on the fat domestic ones, (making my mouth water thinking about them). And I like birds and fish too (as pets but also as food). And I like moo cows, (mm they are tasty), sheep at any age, pig if its bacon or ham (otherwise it tastes like human). Kangaroo is a bit dry on its own but pour some carrot sauce over it and OMG, party in my mouth.

You lot can keep your haggis and fried chicken soaked in drug resistant bacteria, I will stay with the above mentioned foods and buffalo, horse, chocodile, emu, and most other animals. But I don't care for snake or lizard, snake has too many little bones and it's painful eating them. The last lizard I ate was raw and upset my tummy in a bad way. :werewolf:
Emu isn't bad. I've never had horse, but with the out-of-control feral horse population around here, I probably wouldn't pass it up if I had a chance. I would love to come to Australia and bow hunt Asian buffalo. Besides the adventure, I have a definite culinary interest in them. I wonder how their meat compares to bison.

I agree with you on snake. It's a bit like carp: It's edible, but why eat one when there are so many other things that taste better? I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat rattlesnake again.

Horse and cow are very similar. Buffalo are dangerous and tend to hang around waterways where chocodiles frequent. They normally shoot feral buffalo, camels, pigs and anything else from a helicopter. It's safer and they can cover more ground.

Ostrich is pretty good, so is kudu and water buffalo...especially in biltong form.

Colin...I hate to ask, but how do you know what human tastes like? 👀

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back