Two Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Liz05

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
First of all, I have a betta that I have had for almost one week. I started out giving him tropical flakes, because that was all I had. Then I bought Wardley Betta Food, and I have not seen him take one bite since I bought him.

Second, In my tank I have baby snails.. Any advice for keeping and feeding them?

I know nothing about snails....so sorry, can't help you there. :no:

Betta, I do know. Betta that I have loves dried bloodworms and any Betta bites, pellets food. Mine doesn't seem to care for flakes. Go and try different other food and you'll find what he likes. I think if you want to return the food you can. I had a sample package that they really like but I don't remember the name. All I remember is it has the word "Gold" in it. :lol:

hikari betta bio-gold, that's what my bettas eat & the only type of pellet I offer them,that stuffs GREAT,and of course live food and frozen bloodworms

what kind of snails are they? the pesky kind or apple/mystery snails? I have 3...1 gold apple snail that is HUGE and two blue mystery snails....I throw in an algae tablet for them every now & then because they love to eat, but they do a pretty good job at cleaning up excess food too

Hikari gold pellets is what my guys get to wuv, they refuse to eat any other brand now lol..picky buggers. I also give them frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp as a treat after " good water change behavior" lol

My guys won't touch a flake...it's beneath them lol
Giving the bloodworms you have to be careful not to give them too often, First they are not good to feed all the time I think the fat content is really high and after the betta's get a good liking for them they will sometimes refuse to eat anything but and this will decrease the lifespan.

They are black mystery snails.
I had freezedried bloodworms for my last betta and now I don't think WalMart has them anymore... The nearest pet store here is 1/2 hour away. :crazy:
Its been a few days though; I think hes eating a little better on the Wardley Betta Food. The snails are still doing great. :fun:

Liz
for pomacea species (apple or mystery snails) try lettuce, cucumber, strawberries they love them and should grow much better.
A common mistake people make is assuming they need nothing more than algae.
They also like fish pellets and crab food.
Offer them different food and see what their preferences are.
Mine could eat for England!!!!
And they are only babies, but the're growing heaps.
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Mollymomma said:
Hikari gold pellets is what my guys get to wuv, they refuse to eat any other brand now lol..picky buggers. I also give them frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp as a treat after " good water change behavior" lol

My guys won't touch a flake...it's beneath them lol
Giving the bloodworms you have to be careful not to give them too often, First they are not good to feed all the time I think the fat content is really high and after the betta's get a good liking for them they will sometimes refuse to eat anything but and this will decrease the lifespan.
lol where do you get blood worms? freeze dried. -_-

Anna, you're right... they are growing like crazy! :) I'm not quite sure exactly what they've been eating, but there must have been something! :nod: When they get a little bigger, I will try some different foods on them. Thanks!

I put a betta in with my african dwarf frogs and a hugh golden mystery snail, :X ( i forgot about my snail being in there )the betta tore my snail to shreds.I had to strip and recycle my tank,it was a mess,when snails die they can make you water and filter a mess. If you have the run of the mill tiny ( BREEDING ) snail you`ll be wating to get rid of them they`re such a mess.they breed so fast they over whelm your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back