Tizer's 90 Litre Tiger Barb / Krib Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Rummynose Tetras look great Tizer. The whole tank is looking healthy.

Tiger tank is looking a little grubby, lazy git :p

Any pics of your kribs ?

LP

I struggle with any decent up close pics with my camera they just blur :/ The Vallis is pretty new, i would say 2 weeks old and its slowly deteriorating but its also pushing out runners and new shoots so im hoping its just establishing itself. It covers up the water marks between the glass and the backing quite nicely. Not bad for £10 (5 plants split up). If it survives!

I've put a coupleof pics in another thread of the new additions, might aswell put here too!

3 bulldog plecs.

dsc01238fb.jpg

One of 3 golden apple snails, they have done a really good job of cleaning the brown diatoms off the glass down near the silica sand and they seem really keen on cucumber :>

dsc01240v.jpg

Tizer

Just been reading 'My 90 Litre Tiger Tank - Fish in Cycle' again.

What filter did your 90l tank come with (Fluvial Plus 3)?

Did you add the ceramics to just one of the sponges?

Do you think I could add filter floss instead as it may habour more of the bacteria? i.e - I could just stuff some of the floss in with the sponge?

Cheers

Really nice love tiger barbs they have great attitude i had them when i started the fish addiction :) he he nice tank came along nicely :)

Congratulations! Both of your tanks look awesome :)

Cleaned this tank out today and put my 200 bronze cory fry in it :) Tigers are now in my main tank :)

well I just loove this tank thought I would have another read through, any updated pics Tizer or are the tigers still in the big tank

Tigers have gone mate im sorry to say :( I started this tank as a species only tank purely for the Tigers but when i got the new tank it looked rather empty and i decided the let the Tigers stretch their fins in there. Unfortunately they started to fin nip my corys for pleasure and as much as i enjoyed them, i decided to get rid as i wanted to make use of the 90 litre tank as a bit of a grow out tank for my cory fry which i have to admit, i get a lot more pleasure from than watching the Tigers, so they went back to the shop and got replaced by 25 Harlequin Rasboras.

This is how the tank looks at the moment, painted it last weekend along with the 30 litre tank on the shelf below. A little empty looking but there are about 30 bronze corys in there still :)

90l3.jpg

I've been pondering what i can do with it, but not come up with any plans really other than a growout tank. Should keep me busy through the winter months and i might have some sterbai's to move on next year as they have just started to spawn. :D

jammy thing getting the sterbai to spawn I;ve just moved my nine that I;ve had about a year to a smaler tank in the hope that something may happen :)

jammy thing getting the sterbai to spawn I;ve just moved my nine that I;ve had about a year to a smaler tank in the hope that something may happen :)

Feed em up on frozen bloodworm for a week, by day 4 they might be keen, if no joy, turn off the heaters one evening and do a 50% cold water change and i mean real cold, not temp matched. leave them for 2 hours then stick the heaters back on around midnight. In the morning they could well be going bananas for you :) pretty much how i got mine interested. Trouble is, i get the bronze corys spawn too and its quite hard to resist temptation and remove their eggs as well :D

happy days I;ll give that a go :good:

What a tank! One of the reasons i joined up to FishForums to comment on this thread, really inspired.

Never had an interest in Barbs but after seeing your efforts here i'm selling my 27 litre tank on and buying something close to your size tank, probably push it to 100 litre.

Cheers!

What a tank! One of the reasons i joined up to FishForums to comment on this thread, really inspired.

Never had an interest in Barbs but after seeing your efforts here i'm selling my 27 litre tank on and buying something close to your size tank, probably push it to 100 litre.

Cheers!

Moi? Inspire? Always a first for everything i guess :D

Tiz a shame i had to move the Tigers on, this tank is rather empty now with just a few corys in it! Might look at getting some crazy coloured shrimp this week :)

Purchased 6 Yellow Wagtail Sunset Platies to keep the filter ticking over....im such a div. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back