Tizer's 90 Litre Tiger Barb / Krib Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Went to have a look in the fry net this morning, all the eggs had vanished, there were literally about 10 in there that im pretty sure were duds... I stared in the net for ages and eventually i spotted the fry. Either my eyes are getting bad or these guys are getting smaller! Plopped a bit of food in and will check again in a few days while they grow a little, they are nearly see through at the moment, really hard to spot :eek: Im sure the last time my bronze corys bred i could see them instantly.

oHHHHH This is awesome, Id love my cory's too breed. Planning on breading my Dwarf Gourami's as well at some point soon. :)

Looks like its a pressure issue on the Diffuser maybe need a bigger diffuser. Gonna run a few more tests this evening and if im unsuccesful i will order a bigger model.

Cheers for the help and sorry for hijacking the thread Tizer :D

LP

nice one :) grab a ladder, they pwn. gonna extend mine soon, bubbles should be super small when they get to the top then :)

I love the glass diffusers so if i have to change it i will more than likely get a bigger version of the one i have.

Looks like i have sorted the problem.

Came home and the co2 was stuck again so i slowly moved the diffuser up the glass. About half way up it started to diffuse again so it was pressure on the diffuser that was causing the problem.

So i upped the pressure to 3bar and turned it off for 90 minutes as a test. I have done this before and you see a drop in count usually but this time the count was exactly the same as before i turned it off.

So it looks like i am sorted. Will turn on in the morning as a double check as well :)

Thanks for all the help peeps.

LP

Glad you sorted it mate, makes perfect sense now you know the cause. Always learning :)

i am miffed, and confused. no fry in the net when i got home! must have been going on near 100 this morning! no holes, checked and double checked. Im wondering if the baby kribs were able to suck the fry through the bottom. very odd! oh well :D

Wierd, fish are hard to figure out and they manage to do things that amaze us.

I just found one of my copper harlequins in my filter. Luckily at the top there is a gap that they can stay alive in about 4cm deep and square.

Funny things are fish.

Sorry to hear about the disappearing fry though mate. Maybe some will turn up.

LP

Decided to put 15 Rummynose Tetras into my big tank today, i've not had any midwater fish in there for a month or more now and its been looking a little empty, until the corys errupt on the bottom when i go near the tank :) Very happy with my choice, they seemed to have settled in very quickly and dont seem to be as skittish as other tetras i've had. I've not been able to find any nice Harlequin Rasboras which were my 1st choice, but im actually quite glad i've gone for these guys. Colourful tails and rosey red noses look pretty good :) Might up the number to 20/25 after payday :) Will grab a picture later.

I look forward to photo ae rummynose are a good looking fish.

Dont have the greatest of cameras but heres a couple.

dsc01235m.jpg

dsc01231b.jpg

Not really done any updates in a while, tanks look like so:

dsc01256cb.jpg

Boshed a load more wood in which came from my large tank, pulled out a few plants. Most are struggling but do have a few new leaves here and there. Need to clean the glass this weekend!

dsc01249e.jpg

Co2 going in now, 3 x bulldog plecs added along with 3 x golden apple snails. Corys going nuts still and leaving eggs everywhere, but im not collecting them unless i see my wild bandits lay some as i'd like some more. Really hoping the vallis picks up and grows, dont know why but i love the stuff.

Your Vallis looks amazing!!!!!!!!!! Mine seems too be struggling. Some awesome leaves, but then some slightly yellow then some dead. Does its job of filling the back but not as green and nice as that. :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back