The Fashion House Birthday Nano Tank!

Oh how comical are blennies - will have to get myself one, not sure which to get though?

Seffie x

:fish:

They are little characters! They seem to have settled down really well now and no more figting has occured.

Today was pick up day for the stuff I ordered last week from the lfs, I ordered a green clown goby and a very small frag of green star polyp. The GSP has bright greencentres too which makes it a stunner....when it opens in my tank! The little goby (well, the biggest one he had!) has taken shelter under my top piece of rock, he is slowly peeking out so hopefully he will be out tomorrow so I can get some good pics for you all.
So my fish buying is now over...time to concentrate on corals...he he!

Well...heres my update...I havent been on in a long while....been ill with the dreaded lurgy...(its not that bad really!) and have been soooo busy with my new job...

Anyway I will try and do this in the order it happened!

So I went to SWM and bought some zoas, ric and a conch....
Heres the big devil.....
100_1208.jpg

100_1211.jpg

my blenny...still to be named is getting on fine with the sailfin...now called Louis Vitton!
100_1222.jpg

the star fish I bought a while back is doing great...thought he was a gonna as his tip had a huge chunk out of it but he has regrown it now so all good!
100_1220.jpg

100_1225.jpg

So heres a FTS from July
100_1229.jpg

Sputnik is doing well
100_1212.jpg

And the Toadstool has really opened up now...
100_1236.jpg

Its so hypnotic...video!

so my last update was me getting aa GSP frag and a Green Clown Goby...
Heres the GSP...
100_1231.jpg

And heres George (short for Georgio Armani)..the GCG
100_1223.jpg

Last week while in one of my lfs I saw a bright green feather duster...had to have it...
100_1230.jpg

and also some green stripey mushrooms....with 2 hidden extras....
100_1226.jpg

100_1233.jpg

100_1234.jpg

in the 2nd and 3rd above of the mushrooms you can just see some legs that belong to a black and white star fish of some kind and some unidentified coral to the right...looks like little polyps in bright green that retract back into the rock...anyone have any ideas?

The mushrooms were a steal at £15...with the extras for free of course!

So Saturday I went to good old Reel Reefs in cheltenham and was looking at some lovely Medusa coral but wasnt quite decided as the colour wasnt that great when I spotted this little beauty in the frag tank...
100_1238.jpg

has a real green colour to it...
this is it today ...looking good!
100_1241.jpg

So I have been a busy bee really....
here is todays FTS...
100_1243.jpg

Completely forgot to mention that Stella the Cleaner shrimp has now been transferred to the fashion house too! The Magenta Dottyback was meant to go in as well but after taking all the rock out of the tank she was nowhere to be seen! Thought she had been eaten... :( ....put all the rock back in and there she was! Couldnt go through taking the rock out again so will wait a couple of days and catch her! Oh and I saw my peppermint shrimp for the 3rd time evr! glad to see he is still alive...not killing aptasia though!

looking good amie, you have been busy!!!

whats the new green coral?

Hehe I bet you went to SWM the day before me as they had to send out for another flymo for me direct from TMC I do like the fact you can buy small frags there and the staff are always happy to help great shop :)

Was a little worried about the blenny not eating but he was all over the frozen mysis last night stunning fish loads of personality :)

Rob the coral is a medusa apparently...it has flopped over now but opened up loads...Im keeping an eye on it but it looks really nice...if I frag it rob you can have a piece.

The blenny eats both frozen and algae so no worries for him!

Anyone have any ideas on the hitchhiker coral with my mushies?

Well I got home from work today to find Stella my cleaner shrimp dead :rip: no idea what happened, I think she just came to the end of her life as she was huge and at least 2 years old!
So sad though to have my first death! Not helped by the fact I lost 8 of my tropical fish in 24hrs!

Well I got home from work today to find Stella my cleaner shrimp dead :rip: no idea what happened, I think she just came to the end of her life as she was huge and at least 2 years old!
So sad though to have my first death! Not helped by the fact I lost 8 of my tropical fish in 24hrs!

o god im so sorry to hear :(

Shrimps dont actually live that long, you may be right. Could be old age. If it was big and not moulting very often id say this was right.

Went to SWM again today on the lookout for a nice ric and a new cleaner shrimp...I managed to get a nice green ric with 2 mouths and a lovely blood shrimp for the price of a cleaner shrimp as they had none left...pics of the new arrivals later!
I have also managed to name the shrimp...Loubi....short for Christian Louboutin because he is famous for his bright red soles on his shoes!

bit off topic, but are you in need of any frozen bloodworm for your puffers etc.?

just come across a load in the bottom of the freezer.
have put it in the classifieds for £5. let me know if you do.

p.s. are you still running both nanos?

Hi Rob....yes I am running 2 nanos still...not for long though! Still havent managed to catch the dottyback!
Thanks for the offer on the bloodworm but my puffers dont really eat them anymore they prefer brineshrimp and mysis now...think they have more crunch!

Anyone have any tips on how to catch my dottyback....like how to stop her from hiding in a rock!

Most reactions

Back