Sports chat from profession topic in marine

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Unseen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Are america actually GOOD at any REAL sports? I cant really think of any.

you saying baseball and american football isnt a sport? Cricket isnt a sport, lawn bowls isnt a sport. GO AMERICAN SPORTS!!!!

you saying baseball and american football isnt a sport? Cricket isnt a sport, lawn bowls isnt a sport. GO AMERICAN SPORTS!!!!

well cricket is crap and for posh boys.

anyway football (soccer) is a 1st sport in most countries around the world, like france, brazil, italy, argentina etc. rugby (better than american football) is a huge sport in many countires like new zealand, aus, south africa, ireland and even cricket is probably touched more countries in the world than american football for example the likes of india, ausralia and the west indies. real sports actually get people around the world playing. :)

baseball!!- south america and canada also play baseball,- americas past time

FOOTBALL- super bowl, nothing can conbeat with that

Soccer- we got beckham aha(what ajoke)... and did alright during the world cup

golf- tiger woods and many more americans domiant.

basketball- have all the best players... but somehow lose when going on world tour..

boxing- excluding the heavywieghts.. america and mexico practically hold the belts for all the wieghts.

cricket--???? no way americans will ever like that game...
rugby--?????? sorry football is way more brutal. which america likes

baseball!!- south america and canada also play baseball,- americas past time

FOOTBALL- super bowl, nothing can conbeat with that

Soccer- we got beckham aha(what ajoke)... and did alright during the world cup

golf- tiger woods and many more americans domiant.

basketball- have all the best players... but somehow lose when going on world tour..

boxing- excluding the heavywieghts.. america and mexico practically hold the belts for all the wieghts.

cricket--???? no way americans will ever like that game...
rugby--?????? sorry football is way more brutal. which america likes

Ermm.... well when it comes to sports that are played around the world (you know there are other countries other then america?)

World cup / Euro Cup
Soccor/football (played globally; around the world in pretty much every country!) Last world cup involved 32 countries.
What place did america come again???

World series...
How can it actually be called the world series when the only country allowed to play in it is... america.

Superbowl...
How many countries actually play in it?

How many sports are there that america is good at (which involve other countries actually participating?)

Ermm.... well when it comes to sports that are played around the world (you know there are other countries other then america?)

World cup / Euro Cup
Soccor/football (played globally; around the world in pretty much every country!) Last world cup involved 32 countries.
What place did america come again???

World series...
How can it actually be called the world series when the only country allowed to play in it is... america.

Superbowl...
How many countries actually play in it?

How many sports are there that america is good at (which involve other countries actually participating?)

yes i know there are other countries...... the quesiotn was what sports america was good at--

soccer- all i know is that america didnt get knocked out the first round... what place did your country get in??

World Series- played by America and Canada- Then sometimes a world Tourny which Japan, Cuba and other countries are involed in

Superbowl- how many countries watch it. Broadcasted around the wrold..........

and boxing........ every country basically parcipates in that sport.

stop leaving out the facts.

Superbowl? doesnt matter how far its broadcasted. Fact is, no one outside of the US watches it.

Soccor/Football is the #1 watched sport world wide. FACT. Its also the #1 played sport world wide. You can go to any developed country (including the US) aswell as any third world country and I bet you any money there will always be kids playing the sport. Can you say the same for american football?

England? well we actually came into the semi finals actually.

You cant call it world series, if its only america, canada.. and sometimes japan playing in it. Thats 3 countries.. (4 if you count cuba)
Last time I checked there were alot more then 3/4 countries in the World.[/b]

Boxing.. I dont rate any of your current boxers. (not really into boxing so much, but doesnt Russia hold the majority of the current world titles now?)

BTW baseball is just another version of rounders... a girls sport. fact :p

hey. idiot. American Football isnt watched outside of U.S.? Then why is the Superbowl the most watched program in the WORLD? America isn't the world. Though it should be. I am not a baseball fan. At all. But isn't soccer just as girly as baseball? Where is there any pain or cantact involved that wont get your ass on the bench? When do you get congradualated for giving someone a concussion? What, at all is manly about it? Boxing. England and britian suck. Don't even argue with america in boxing. who cares if russia holds the most records in it? They do in most physical sports. The question is, is where is England in it? Nowhere. as manly as soccer. Basketball is also something we're very good at too. Being a wrestler, im not much of a fan, but we're still great at it. And we've also got an amazing wrestling program. worldwide.

A little bit of prejudicing going around here, huh? Let's not forget, this is a family forum. If you are going to talk about sports, perhaps it should be in the sports section? This whole thread has turned into a prime example of America, hasn't it?

hey. idiot. American Football isnt watched outside of U.S.? Then why is the Superbowl the most watched program in the WORLD? America isn't the world. Though it should be. I am not a baseball fan. At all. But isn't soccer just as girly as baseball? Where is there any pain or cantact involved that wont get your ass on the bench? When do you get congradualated for giving someone a concussion? What, at all is manly about it? Boxing. England and britian suck. Don't even argue with america in boxing. who cares if russia holds the most records in it? They do in most physical sports. The question is, is where is England in it? Nowhere. as manly as soccer. Basketball is also something we're very good at too. Being a wrestler, im not much of a fan, but we're still great at it. And we've also got an amazing wrestling program. worldwide.

No one said american football isnt watched outside of the u.s, there prob are a few non-us people that watch the sport. But then again thats the same as the national over 70's bowls tournement also being watched overseas.

lol, you do realise the wrestling you see on tv is fake? damn talk about being naive.. or maybe stupid is a better word?

The superbowl may be the most watched program in america.. but not the world. Get your facts straight. WE (being the rest of the world) prefer not want to watch an american only sport.

Soccer involves skills, brains, stamina and heart.. you wouldnt understand this as most americans lack these qualities. Prob explains alot about iraq, afganistan and the reason america hasnt really won a war for nearly half a century.

Dont even argue with america in boxing? Sorry, but remind me what exactly happened with Ricky "hitman" hatton?

I follow boxing and Russia only holds the heavyweight belt.

Have you heard about Floyd Mayweather or Oscar da la hoya? Both american.
Also Jermain Taylor, Hernard Hopkins, Winky Wright.

and to metion the greats! Muhhamnd Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marceno, Goegre Formen .etc.

I understand you guys like soccer. But america is on the otherside of the map and your kind of sports are just not liked over here.

This thread has gone beyond the realms of ridiculousness, i can't be bothered sticking up for the UK, anti-nationalism, common sense etc, as i would normally. All the nonsense clearly suggests alot of the posts on this thread are either trolls or people making totally moronic and sweeping judgments with little or no thought behind them....
Pathetic, yet amusing.
America isn't the world. Though it should be
:lol:
you wouldnt understand this as most americans lack these qualities. Prob explains alot about iraq, afganistan and the reason america hasnt really won a war for nearly half a century.
:no:
Then why is the Superbowl the most watched program in the WORLD?
:X

I'd like to know this - why is it several members on this thread seem to think their countries are the best thing ever? Can't we come to an alternative - both have their ups and downs - instead of behaving like self righteous ungrateful brats, like you are?

K.J you are not in this conversation. Calling us names isn't gonna help.. espically since your from America!

Yea ya dawgs ya lucky ur not in some north african countrie where u have to sell ya children just to have a feed and working for hours and hours on end just for a sticky bowl of rice that is barley enough even for a snack u should be ashamed
YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back