The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nothing is an inexpensive as a bag of Quikrete Play Sand. About $5 or $6 in US ($6-7 here in Canada), from Home Depot or Lowe's. The Quikrete Play Sand is safe on all counts. Not all "play sand" is. One 25kg (50 lb) bag will more than suffice a 3-foot long tank. I used one bag in my 4-foot 70g even.

It does make a difference. I used fine gravel for 15 or more years until those who know convinced me to change. I did notice a difference in the cories, though I would be hard pressed to say exactly what it was.
I'll get it done ASAP. Unfortunately it's not just money, but also time. I'm sure it would be kind of a venture. Might be able to get it done this weekend though. Canceled some stuff, and I can skip video games just this once ;)

I'm super hyped! I'm probably going to get a big ole piece of driftwood, and make some nicer caves with my slate! I'll also get some more plants. Hopefully my 60 bucks will be enough lol.

Video games take priority over my fish, always. (My clan mates sure do think I’m weird... :blink:)

I'm super hyped! I'm probably going to get a big ole piece of driftwood, and make some nicer caves with my slate! I'll also get some more plants. Hopefully my 60 bucks will be enough lol.
$60 should be enough for slate, driftwood, and sand. (The sand is super cheap, if we haven’t mentioned that already, lol)

Driftwood can be expensive, but you will know which one to get and when. :)

Alright, I can go this weekend. My plan is simple really. Go get the stuff. Empty 60% water, take plants and other stuff out. Empty 80% water, put fish in brand new bucket with air stone. My water doesn't need to be heated, its like a million degrees anyways. Put in the sand, work on the scape. Fill 40%, add plants and stuff, fill 100% add in fish and little snail. That being said I want everyones best tips for aqua scaping right here right now lol.

Military, 24 hour, same thing. :lol:
I suppose too we don't say military or ever pay much attention to our army :rofl: our rangers won some sniper trophy and we were like "we've snipers?!"

It's just that we're a neutral country & so our army isn't heavily invested in or promoted. They mostly take part in UN peace keeping missions & their activities wouldn't be heavily reported on. Most of us wouldn't know anyone in the army either. Actually it's quite interesting that we've a relationship with the UK that means they protect our air space. Most Irish don't even know this & historically the idea of UK army anywhere near us was... Eh... Tense.

Alright, I can go this weekend. My plan is simple really. Go get the stuff. Empty 60% water, take plants and other stuff out. Empty 80% water, put fish in brand new bucket with air stone. My water doesn't need to be heated, its like a million degrees anyways. Put in the sand, work on the scape. Fill 40%, add plants and stuff, fill 100% add in fish and little snail. That being said I want everyones best tips for aqua scaping right here right now lol.
Will you be able to have the filter running in the bucket? If not, remove the media/foam from it and put that in the bucket whilst you're busy sorting your tank

Ladies and Gentlemen....Boys and Girls.....all the modern 21st century types.....here it is.....the moment you’ve ALL been waiting for. The worlds first (possibly) Clown Circle/Clown Of Thorns/Crown of Anarchris! I can’t make my mind up yet....over to you lot for that.
Pic1: Under construction.
Pic2: After immersion. Loose end already.
Pic3+: Feeding frenzy.

Ladies and Gentlemen....Boys and Girls.....all the modern 21st century types.....here it is.....the moment you’ve ALL been waiting for. The worlds first (possibly) Clown Circle/Clown Of Thorns/Crown of Anarchris! I can’t make my mind up yet....over to you lot for that.
Pic1: Under construction.
Pic2: After immersion. Loose end already.
Pic3+: Feeding frenzy.
Aaaaarh no pics.try again

Another go

Attachments

• 001B63D7-69AC-48B3-8EA1-2F36038170D2.jpeg
    001B63D7-69AC-48B3-8EA1-2F36038170D2.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 83325434-5529-4D2A-8348-A8EFD833D9D9.jpeg
    83325434-5529-4D2A-8348-A8EFD833D9D9.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 68
  • F5AAB76A-E587-4F9C-9391-F842D45CBCAA.jpeg
    F5AAB76A-E587-4F9C-9391-F842D45CBCAA.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 73
I think it’ll look ok once it grows. Wrapped around a ring of frog bit or water lettuce it may actually help stop the current rogue salvina clogging up their circles.
I’m now thinking of constructing an air pipe grid the size of the tanks surface area that wedges itself in place. It’d basically be six rectangles of varying sizes.
back left empty to keep floating plants off filter.
back right empty to keep them off heater and bubbler.
back middle with salvina
front right with frog bit circle
front left with water lettuce circle.
front middle crown of anarchris circle beneath feeding flap and easily removable for water changes.

Plus it may stop rogue salvina sticking to sides, turning brown then decaying.

I think it’ll look ok once it grows. Wrapped around a ring of frog bit or water lettuce it may actually help stop the current rogue salvina clogging up their circles.
I’m now thinking of constructing an air pipe grid the size of the tanks surface area that wedges itself in place. It’d basically be six rectangles of varying sizes.
back left empty to keep floating plants off filter.
back right empty to keep them off heater and bubbler.
back middle with salvina
front right with frog bit circle
front left with water lettuce circle.
front middle crown of anarchris circle beneath feeding flap and easily removable for water changes.

Plus it may stop rogue salvina sticking to sides, turning brown then decaying.
That sounds pretty cool! I need to figure out how to make simple airline surface things to contain floating plants a bit. Hope you share photo progress of your creations as you go!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back