Simplex Have Spawned

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-Rob-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well my betta simplex have been pairing off for a week or little more,

last 2 days one pair have been wrapping constantly , this morning it was more intense , then hour later i noticed they were getting more intense i noticed his mouth was FULL with eggs,

so with any look he will hold these untill there ready to be released then hopefully i will have a good few more simplex to look after untill ready to decide whats happening with them.

will try sort one of the videos out of them wrapping, need to find the best quality one, UV light and camera phone really doesent work but it was only that at hand and i dident want to go disturbing them with some huge camera :cool:

Nice :-D

Where can you actually buy Simplex and Falx by the way?

That's wonderful news, -Rob- :yahoo: I'll be following this thread closely. This is probably the most exciting thing that's happened in this part of the forum for a long time.:)

update guys, he is still holding the eggs so far which is a good thing, somtimes these will swallow or spit out the eggs before they hatch out and are ready to be released, hopefully he carries them the full time, which can be from what ive read, anywhere from 10, to 15 days or so, this is only what ive read though.

i will be seperating him to a breeding net on his 7th day of holding the fry , just to make sure the other simplex in the tank dont eat the fry.

BBS eggs i have seam to be dud, so got to quickly order some more, more then likely some micro worm etc too.

Hi -Rob- :)

I was wondering how they were doing. What have you been feeding the parents as their regular diet?

Hi -Rob- :)

I was wondering how they were doing. What have you been feeding the parents as their regular diet?

hi pal, there doing fine, male is still holding :good: i have seperated the others into breeding nets and traps as i cannot catch him to put him in one and dont wish to stress him out chasing him around the tank , now ive seperated them into pairs into breeding traps/ nets i now have anouther pair spawning too.

these have been fed on hikari betta bio gold pellets and a normal flake food. im moving to live foods soon though as part of there diet

Something different besides normal splendins nice I will definitly be following along with this one, this is a change this section needed ^^, best of luck with them after the hatch its all up hill from there, the hard part is getting past the swallowing of the eggs or them spitting them out before hatching.

cheers TSI :good:

anouther update , day 8 of holding, looks like hes going to release soon-ish, id say he may release on day 10 at looking at how full his mouth is, got a large varity of foods on the go ready to try them with many differant kinds,

"luckily" as my BBS eggs are next to useless not even had a hatch out of 3 attempts, followed everything as should but hay ho... got bannana worms, walter worms and micro worms, powderd bloodworm, suppose these arnt as bad as trying to feed splendens anyway as there bigger from relese so dont struggle as much as splendens.

Hi :)

yeh hes still holding , 10th day now,

other male is also now holding aswell :)

It's nice to see the men do all the work for once! :lol:

Congratulations on the spawn. Keep us posted with pictures.

well he started letting them out today, unfortunetly before i noticed tehre was 2 fry already escaped into the heavily planted tank (that i know of) as i saw those 2 wigle out the cheep breeding trap so more could have escaped but who knows :(

anyway, i then removed him to see if he let out any more, there are currently 2 fry swimming around with him now, and he still seams to have a few more in his mouth .

will keep you all updated an will try and get some pics up asap .

now have around ten of these little guys isolated on there own. hoping all goes well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back