Setting Up 300l Hi Tec Planted Tank Advice

just like to add i also use a 4 x 54W arcadia luminaire and its the best lighting ive ever had, wouldnt trade back for anything else.

yes im undecided wether to go ei or tpn+ what is the water change scheduel with the tpn+?if i go ei its 150 liters water change :crazy:

also you may want to try tpn+ root tabs. i had deficencies is some plants, place the tabs near the root system and as if by magic. healthy new growth.

brilliant! :good:

are root tabs needed ?i got a cracking deal on the arcadia luminaire should be here monday £183 delivered plus im getting free shipping on next order so thats a £17 saving on 6 bags of eco complete its still £17.99 per bag :crazy: next purchase :)

i prefer black for planted tanks, definately focuses your eyes on the plants, but if your trying to create an endless effect blue can work too, i myself use EI which is a great method for high tech planted tanks, there are others but they can limit certain nutrients which can cause algae, mostly phosphate, i think you should go for EI, its so easy to buy dry ferts and mix up the liquids yourself.

yeah ive seen the dry powder ferts on aqua essentials can i mix a huge batch useing ro water ?does it go off when made as a stock ?is there a use by date

just like to add i also use a 4 x 54W arcadia luminaire and its the best lighting ive ever had, wouldnt trade back for anything else.

yes im undecided wether to go ei or tpn+ what is the water change scheduel with the tpn+?if i go ei its 150 liters water change :crazy:

Get a python for the w/c, or make one, here is a guide to a diy one:

http://www.fishforums.net/content/forum/105769/DIY-Python/

with TPN+, do a minimum 30% w/c, i do a 50% because it helps keep the nitrate down o about 20ppm which is perfect for the plants. you could also make a DIY TPN+ solution up, you need to but the trace and NPK.

You wont need root tabs if you get EC becausse that will supply the root nutrients. You can make 1 stock solution for EI but you cant mix 1 thing with another, it is either the NPK with the trace or the iron with the trace as it will form a white precipitate which will cloud the water for a while, you will need someone else to give you a definate answer.

Most reactions

Back