Endler/Guppy Hybrid

Ram419

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just added these 7 to my betta/cherry shrimp 5 gallon tank.

Obtained from 360 Aquatic in Houston, TX

20240504_142411.jpg

Last edited:
They’re sweet, really liven up the tank.
I prefer betta on their own though - maybe time for another tank?

Nah, I wanted more in that tank just the betta was boring. Plus the betta has some company now. I don't see any aggression from the betta at all. People always say betta must be by themselves but it seems they are only agressive to their own species. At least the kind of betta I have it seems.

Just added these 7 to my betta/cherry shrimp 5 gallon tank.

Obtained from 360 Aquatic in Houston, TX

View attachment 341215

Actually, these are just the blond version of the standard black bar endler (but missing out on the bar mark). The name "Calico" is not suited for this kind of endler hybrid strain. I've kept and still this particular hybrid strain for many years now. This strain is the result of crossing black bar endler to a blond fancy guppy. And where the F2 was giving also blond specimens with an endler phenotype which were linebred. (The F1 gave grey bodied offspring).

Actually, these are just the blond version of the standard black bar endler (but missing out on the bar mark). The name "Calico" is not suited for this kind of endler hybrid strain. I've kept and still this particular hybrid strain for many years now.
Thanks for the clarification! Golden Calico Endlers was what the label said in the LFS for them. They had blue version of them too.

Thanks for the clarification! Golden Calico Endlers was what the label said in the LFS for them. They had blue version of them too.
In order to call them "Calico", they need also some blue with a speckled body. Somebody must have named them differently.

I feel like with bettas they generally prefer to be alone, that said I previously kept one with my ADF's and he was absolutely fine. The one I have now I can't even put a snail in with him because he will attack it! I think as long as you keep a close eye and are ready to act if there is any aggression and have a back up plan hopefully it will be okay. I had no backup plan and admit I didn't do my research so got lucky it worked out at the time.

I can def move them if need be! I don't think I would've of done it otherwise.

Most reactions

Back