Saw this beautiful Arowana at our lps a few weeks back

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Because clueless people buy them ... already alluded to in a previous post
It was rhetorical 🧐 there's clueless and then there's...ahem, nevermind :whistle:

-mouse desperately swimming as an Arowana swims up underneath it-

*record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"It's me. I'll bet you're wondering how I got here..."
Reminds me of that one Megamind scene 😂

"Problem with trying to "save" a betta from one of those cups in a big box store is that it rewards the system that created the situation in the first place. A sale is a sale. Petco or whatever gets money for the betta so they'll just keep putting them in cups. We can try to save one at a time while perpetuating the system. Or we can save them all by making it unprofitable to treat them like this."

the fix to this is buying them on line "then you never have to see the conditions they were in, you only save them from the bag, that they arrived at your house in"
that's actually why I got out of the salt water portion of the aquarium hobby, I was in pretty deeply... then I just was envisioning lots of pretty extinction, & back when I was doing it before, people killed stuff all the time, then just spent more money & bought more...

I had a really nice Arowana back when I was into fish 15 years ago... it got to about 20" long, and about the size of my wrist... lots of power there & even though I had a weighted cover on the tank, it was still strong enough at that size to knock the cover open & jump out... we took mine to the taxidermist, & it looked awesome when we got it back... sadly I lost it during a flood

I guess my Football Glo fish tank probably isn't helping that "embellishing" the fish side of the business though... even though it's so, not me... I have some "man Made fish"... prior, I never owned a painted glass fish or similar in my life...

Most reactions

Back