Saw this beautiful Arowana at our lps a few weeks back

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I kept forgetting to post the photos, but this was a beautiful arowana I saw that was marked as a "Silver Blueberry Arowana"
20230630_115430.jpg
20230630_115444.jpg

It’s not a blueberry, it’s ‘just’ a normal silver arowana. My second favourite fish. Blueberries are dyed and are a lot bluer, especially when they’re small before the dye wears off.

It’s not a blueberry, it’s ‘just’ a normal silver arowana. My second favourite fish. Blueberries are dyed and are a lot bluer, especially when they’re small before the dye wears off.
Oh... So their just dyed to look other colors? Well that's sad 😕

I can’t answer that without getting banned.
I think I know what you're going to say...probably the same as what I'd like to say!

Such a shame. To mess with something so beautiful and make it into such an ugly and tacky disaster is beyond me

The one in the store I saw looked naturally colored, that's why I liked it... But now that I know it's dyed, thats just sad

I just have zero respect for anyone who would abuse an animal. They’re doing it with all fish. Dye injections, tattoos, deformed bodies, ridiculously long fins…

Last edited:
I just have zero respect for anyone who would abuse an animal. They’re doing it with all fish. Dye injections, deformed bodies, ridiculously long fins. Fancy goldfish….
Yes, it is sad. All the bettas with long flowing fins that have to struggle so hard to get to food and the surface. Not to mention how they start out in life with those little cups and some are half dead in the store. You might get it to survive in the short run but the damage is done and their lives are shorter no matter what you do, although bad care can shorten it even further. So many people try to “save” them and nice as that is, I’m not seeing a lot of success stories.

Breeding for deformed “fancy” goldfish bodies and pop eyes, much as we do with pugs’ noses and they wheeze through life, dachshunds’ long backs that become paralyzed, German Shepards with that funny rear leg walk and hip dysplasia. I know a guy who is so proud of his prize winning dachshunds but always seems to have a lame one confined for “back rest.” Why is an unsound body a winner? Then the dye injections that kill so many fish but increase value of the survivors… all this cruelty in the name of money.

Ichthys, I think I did the rant for you but with no swearing. :fun:

Most reactions

Back