S

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

No, sorry, but that is not a responsible fishkeeping attitude. You do not experiment with living creatures when there is tons of science telling you that you are wrong. Your fish are not "fine," because you have forced them into a completely inappropriate situation and they must now somehow cope with it, and that alone is weakening them biologically.

Every point I made in post # 10 is absolute scientific fact. To argue against any of those points is like arguing with me that the earth is flat. Science governs this hobby, and responsible aquarists must and do understand that and learn from the science.

The whole fish keeping thing is forcing fish to live an a glass box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not when the welfare of living creatures is at stake; you learn from people who know better than you, or your animals suffer, that's the bottom line.

Please, please, stop thinking you know best. We are trying, very hard, to give you the very best, most up-to-date information, so that you don't have to experiment, which is not fair to your fish.

Please also bear in mind that you cannot keep making personal attacks on the members here. We want to help you, but you have to stop with the attitude, it's really not on.

U cant keep saying ā€œscienceā€ and ā€œprofessionalsā€ when I obvs have proof tht my fish are fine.

U cant keep saying ā€œscienceā€ and ā€œprofessionalsā€ when I obvs have proof tht my fish are fine.

Out of interest, how long have you had all the current fish in your tank?

You have no proof whatsoever that your fish are "fine." Read the blue and green citations in my signature block. Here they are:

I notice a troubling trend in modern aquarium keepers, where the measure of welfare seems to be steeped solely in terms of survival: if the fishes live, things are good, if the fishes die, things are bad. It is an inappropriate position to take. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

It is inhumane to deprive any animal of an element it regards as critical to its well-being, and totally naive to expect normal behavior in its absence. [Dr. Paul Loiselle]

Unless and until you have the ichthyological knowledge to fully understand fish physiology, or unless you become a fish so you know first-hand, you cannot possibly say you know this or that fish is fine. There are observations we can make once we learn them to assess possible issues, but most of the damage that is done to fish is internal.

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/kms.449665/

I think the proof is in the pudding here. We've all made mistake due to misinformation and stubbornness. Everything is a learning experience, but sometimes it is good to listen to other's advice.

So we have one thread where jredouard25 claims he has no problems with his stock and one where he does?? I can't see facepalm in the smilies section but if there was one it would go here....

As you say Demeter32, we all make mistakes, its just whether you can learn from them or not that is the key...

Yeah, guys, let's try not to be too superior.

(I've been trying so hard not say, "we told you this would happen"...myself!)

At least the OP has admitted it's gone wrong and is asking for help now. Let's hope it's the start of a more healthy learning curve :)

Most reactions

trending

Back