Rye's 125L Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

What was the photoperiod before? It's probably way back in your journal somewhere, but I'm lazy.

It has always been 8 hours, since i set up the tank. Well, until now. Having problems with water dripping from the hood and it dripped on my timer and blew it :angry:
I'm putting this tank on hold for now. I ordered my EI ferts which should be arriving next week and i will begin dosing just to get an idea for the system. I was going to order new plants to work on a new scape but i've decided to wait. I'm applying for jobs and if i get one theres a huge possibility i will be moving now i've almost finished uni (3 days left, whoooop!). I'll be buying new plants then and probably starting again with this (i'll keep my ideas a suprise ;) ).

I have, however, got a nymphea bulb from work which is going to spend a little time in my boyfriends new tank because my apple snails have decided its rather tasty and it's not getting a chance to grow properly yet :rolleyes: I need to buy some new pellets for them because my brothers husky dog yet AGAIN decided they were tasty

Im closing this journal.

My EI ferts arrived on Saturday and i began the dosing regime yesterday. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks for the current plants to benefit from the nutrients and to get used to dosing these dry ferts then i'll order some more plants. I have a half day work trial for a new job tomorrow so i should have some spare cash sitting around soon to get this up and running again with a new scape. I'm already planning it although it probably won't happen for a few months.

The tank went downhill after October. A mixture of bad circulation and filtration, nutrient deficiencies (TPN+ wasn't doing a good enough job) and dodgy CO2 has killed off pretty much everything. Condensation collection in the hood caused dripping from all corners which collected on the background, dripped and blew my light timer.

This is the tank today as it stands - I donated two of my large amazon swords to my boyfriends new Betta tank and gave one to a guy at work so it looks bare. It has no background on either after the incident above.
IMG_8407.jpg

I would like to remember it back in October though
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/ryellephoto/118L%20tank/crop11.jpg

Heres to hopefully a new, more successful scape and a new journal in a few months

Look forward to seeing the new setup, Rye. I'm sure it'll be great.

:)

at least you have the knowledge now Rye. I'm sure you be fine, what ideas have you got/going for?

I got the job so planning on redoing the tank in july. Im going to get to grips with the EI and see if the doses i have are correct. Ive read everything i can but im not good with numbers or maths so just playing it by ear atm. I know all the signs of deficiencies so going to play around with the doses according to that.

I was thinking of attempting dutch ,but i see so many other styles i like. I love the heavily planted look and the different shades of green, textures and the dash of red appeal to the artist in me. I have a plant list already written up but think i might post on the main part of the forum at a later date and get some opinions on it. We shall see :)

Most reactions

Back