The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen21

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today I just noticed one of my 5 week old fry flicking against the gravel... does this mean something is wrong? Do they have a disease?

I am not positive but I have been told that when fish rub againt the gravel or any other things in your tank., It is a sign of ick, check with your local fish store or hI hope you get a better response from someone else in the forum -_-

joanne61451 said:
I am not positive but I have been told that when fish rub againt the gravel or any other things in your tank., It is a sign of ick, check with your local fish store or hI hope you get a better response from someone else in the forum -_-
Thats what ive been told too.... Good luck ;)

Hi Jen21 :)

Flicking could be a sign of ich, but it could also be a sign that your tank has a high level of nitrites. This could burn the fish and they might be rubbing to relieve it. Several good water changes should get rid of the problem if this is what it is.

Do not treat your fish for any disease until you are certain of the diagnosis. If your fish does indeed have ich, you will see tiny spots, which often appear on the fins first. It will get to look like your fish has been sprinkled with salt.

Thank you. I'll be sure to do a water change. Its so hard to tell if they have ich because the fry are so small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back