Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ellie is a crabby old lady who turns bashful when we give her a scarf and looks super awkward in tighter fitting outfits because her neck go floof. Ellie prefers the bandana. So probably Jenna.

Yuki is a scared lil munchkin of everything and never knows what to do in an outfit. So in her case scratch or bolt would be ideal but Kaia is a terror and bites Yukiā€™s fur and we canā€™t have Kaia eating a makeup lightning bolt. Yuki prefers simple things that canā€™t be grabbed by scary little sister. So probably scratch.

Kaia is just a terror and will try to tear apart anything we try to put on her so something short she canā€™t reach as well like a bow would suit her better (even if she claims otherwise donā€™t listen to her). So probably Berlioz. But that outfit wouldnā€™t make as much sense by itself so maybe back to the drawing board for her

LOL. I could see Yuki as Dobby (Iā€™m getting really fed up with my keyboard changing words randomly), Kaia as Malificent?

Last edited:
Crows :mad:

Back in the 1990s, every street was dug up and cable TV cables laid. There's a small box about 6 inches square sunk into in the footpath opposite every house for the cable company to connect the house to. We don't have cable TV (now exclusively Virgin) but the box is there.

Recently the crows have decided, for whatever reason crow minds think of, to pull the cover off the box and the yellow cylindrical cap over the green tubing underneath. I had to go and put them back again this morning. This time, they've damaged the yellow cap. It's split down the side and there's a beak sized hole missing from the middle.

The only good thing about the crows is that they save us having to aerate the lawns. Crows have big beaks and when they look for grubs etc in the lawn they make quite large, deep holes in it.

I like my crow neighbours!

2 years ago, a bald eagle tried to raid their nest, and the battle that ensued outside my window was astonishing. The crows saved their young, but the female was badly cut up by the eagle's talons. You could see bare skin and blood on her back, and for a week, she could barely forage. So I broke my rules and left food where she could easily find it.

Being a crow, she knew which bald ape was doing it, and has taken a vague interest in me ever since, though the feeding stopped when she could fly properly. To her delight, she has discovered that dropping onto trees to see what I'm up to drives my dog into a frenzy. She enjoys that. She has taken to approaching the pup from behind, and gliding over her tail to head, appearing suddenly in front of her nose and pulling up. Mabel the dog, who sees all birds as her sworn enemies, now seems to be becoming amused by this. She no longer jumps out of her skin, and chases with a dog grin.

The other day, she landed on a small roof beside my kitchen window, and got into a stare down with Mabel. The dog was mightily affronted by that.

As often happens with really smart females, her mate is a knucklehead and the kids take after him. They're no fun. But she's the second smart crow that has found me interesting enough to study so far in my life.

"My" crows have an entire old graveyard across the road as part of their territory, and they do add to the atmosphere when the fog rolls in.

Our crows hang out under the bird feeders. They scoop up the various worms and seeds dropped by the birds. Have also seen them grab an occasional milk or garter snake that gets careless.

We enjoy the birds and their antics. In a sitting room window is a feeder Linda fills with black fly larvae. If it empties a couple of the blue birds perch on the sill and stare into the room.

The crows here prefer open spaces; they don't like confined back gardens to take off from. British back gardens are not usually very big. They strut round the open plan front gardens though.

A few years ago during a period without rain our across the road neighbour watered his front lawn with a sprinkler, one of those that goes round rather than back and forth. The crow family were delighted with this, the adults lay on the grass with their wings spread out while the youngsters jumped up and down catching the water droplets in their mouths. We usually have just one family of two adults and one or two youngsters each year.

If you are in the U.S. and know the fast food chicken place 'Chic-fil-a' does it make you wonder that there ads have a disclaimer that the customer comments put out are paid for? Just one of those things that make you think... hummmmm. Don't have one of their places locally but did when living in Florida. Granted it has been many years but I tried them twice and both times found them VERY bland and tasteless.

The crows here prefer open spaces; they don't like confined back gardens to take off from. British back gardens are not usually very big. They strut round the open plan front gardens though.

A few years ago during a period without rain our across the road neighbour watered his front lawn with a sprinkler, one of those that goes round rather than back and forth. The crow family were delighted with this, the adults lay on the grass with their wings spread out while the youngsters jumped up and down catching the water droplets in their mouths. We usually have just one family of two adults and one or two youngsters each year.
Here in Wyoming we have a LOT of what people call crows but they seem to mostly be too large to me from what I knew of crows in Ohio. I think most here are actually ravens, not crows.

If you are in the U.S. and know the fast food chicken place 'Chic-fil-a' does it make you wonder that there ads have a disclaimer that the customer comments put out are paid for? Just one of those things that make you think... hummmmm. Don't have one of their places locally but did when living in Florida. Granted it has been many years but I tried them twice and both times found them VERY bland and tasteless.
Thatā€™s interesting! Iā€™ve had a lot of chick fil a in my life, and only ever had one bad experience with their food

I know what causes this but it still fascinates me. Actually it is basically all about hydraulics but I still love when it happens. ;)

The mysterious ice cube tube... ;)
ice tube.jpg

Chik-A-Fil-A MMmmm Good. We do not normally eat fast food but once a month drive 30 or so miles for one of their chicken meals since they opened last summer. Used to enjoy them while RVing the country but until then none nearby.

Now if someone would just open a Popeyes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back