What's new

Problem With A Harlequin

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

victor

Reaction score
Hi there
One of my harlequins has developed a couple of small swellings on it's underside....one on it's stomach and the other by it's "rear end". It is not swimming properly....turning upside down and I think it will not last.

I have isolated it and added a few drops of 'Melafix', an antibacterial remedy [that's all I have!]. I can't find anything in my book as to what this might be. Has anybody any thoughts please?

Many thanks

Victor :/

It's difficult to tell from the description, but, I applaude you for isolating the fish. Digital cameras are invaluable when it comes to making a diagnosis

If it were my fish, I'd probably start treatment the same way, if that's all you have available. You can also add aquarium salt as a 'tonic'. SH

What colour are the swellings on the fish, do they look like they are filled with fluid, also do they resemble a cauliflower, do the swelling have a circle of red around them.

Thanks for your replies.
The fish sadly, is deceased!....the swellings were not distinct in colour...just like an internal 'lump'. I have 5 other harlequins, 5 marble hatchets and about 15 cardinals and none of them are looking as if they have similar symptoms.....so I am hoping that it was just a digestive sort of problem....if there is such a thing?...never thought of a picture!

Further thoughts would be most welcomed!

again, thanks for your replies guys ;)

Sorry for your loss, R.I.P. I would just do a few daily water changes, good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back