One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kevin007 said:
wut does pleco means?
You're kidding, right?

Just in case you're not kidding, 'Pleco' or 'Plec' is short for 'Plecostomus' which is a hobby name for a range of catfish with similar features, mostly from South America.
Strangely, most of them are actually of the family loricariidae and not plecostomus at all.

Many new species are discovered all the time and have as yet no scientific name. They are refered to by a number and a common name. Foe example L018-Golden Nugget (I think)

The Myth that typing the word 'pleco' on a forum will make your fish die came about when someone wrote about their pleco on a forum and then it suddenly died.

This is why a lot of people in the hobby write pl*co instead.. avoid writing the whole word and avoid the curse!

Wierd.............

Well, my PLECO isn't dead and here, just to prove the curse is "non-existant":

PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....
PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....

:rofl: :rofl: :p :p :lol:

Okay,
Anyhow, at least I know now why people do that..... :blink: :huh: :S . I've ALWAYS wondered that and now I know!!

Silver
:*

* runs and goes to check on her pleco * ........ :*)

SirMinion said:
kevin007 said:
wut does pleco means?
You're kidding, right?

Just in case you're not kidding, 'Pleco' or 'Plec' is short for 'Plecostomus' which is a hobby name for a range of catfish with similar features, mostly from South America.
Strangely, most of them are actually of the family loricariidae and not plecostomus at all.

Many new species are discovered all the time and have as yet no scientific name. They are refered to by a number and a common name. Foe example L018-Golden Nugget (I think)

The Myth that typing the word 'pleco' on a forum will make your fish die came about when someone wrote about their pleco on a forum and then it suddenly died.

This is why a lot of people in the hobby write pl*co instead.. avoid writing the whole word and avoid the curse!
YES i do know wut it stands for it's just wut it means? and why it makes ur fish die...dat's all

silver said:
Wierd.............

Well, my PLECO isn't dead and here, just to prove the curse is "non-existant":

PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....PLECO....

:rofl: :rofl: :p :p :lol:

Okay,
Anyhow, at least I know now why people do that..... :blink: :huh: :S . I've ALWAYS wondered that and now I know!!

Silver

* runs and goes to check on her pleco * ........ :*)
guess i'm not da only wonderin

Nope.....don't worry.....you're not the only one ;)

Silver

PS.....my pl E co is still alive and kickin'it!!!

Okay for the record...LOJ is right fishes is 2 different species of fish.Fish is more than one fish of the same kind so for example...two mollies are "fish" but a Molly and a Platy are "fishes" :D

Fish is the plural of fish.

Just like two moose aren't "mooses", and a mouse and another mouse aren't "mouses", two fish together aren't "fishes".

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Does the pleco curse work on all fish if you just type the word "fish"?

lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers ....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back