Newbe

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Hev76

Reaction score
hi Iā€™m new to this game of aquatics but had to buy a bigger tank due to my guppies and platyā€™s breeding. Iā€™m still cycling the tank but unsure how long it takes? Itā€™s 70ltr can someone help?

hi Iā€™m new to this game of aquatics but had to buy a bigger tank due to my guppies and platyā€™s breeding. Iā€™m still cycling the tank but unsure how long it takes? Itā€™s 70ltr can someone help?

Hi!

Cycling the tank will take about 6-8 weeks. Are you doing a fishless cycle or fish-in cycle?

Iā€™ve tested today ph kh and everything else all spot on had a spike 2 weeks ago but all seems good? Can I get fish now

Iā€™ve tested today ph kh and everything else all spot on had a spike 2 weeks ago but all seems good? Can I get fish now

as long as the spike is under control and levels are in the right place it should be fine. do you use a beneficial bacteria supplement in the water?

Yes Iā€™ve put bio boost in was foggy for first 2 weeks but now crystal clear

That's good, the foggy water is just a sign of bacteria bloom. Leaves within a week or two as you just said.

I always use the beneficial bacteria after water changes too, I'm sure you do also but it's a good thing to have on hand.

Oh is that why it goes cloudy? Didnā€™t realise that! So itā€™s a good thing. And yes every water change I stick it in. Iā€™m going to check my ph levels tomorrow and leave it another week then get fish popped in! Do you use plant fert in tank?

Oh is that why it goes cloudy? Didnā€™t realise that! So itā€™s a good thing. And yes every water change I stick it in. Iā€™m going to check my ph levels tomorrow and leave it another week then get fish popped in! Do you use plant fert in tank?

I don't but it is a really good idea to use some. Great for the plants. I am probably going to get some soon though.

Iā€™ve got loads of em to take up the back of the tank! Can get some lovrlu coloured ones

Most reactions

trending

Back